“Everything you could want from a country B&B”

Hopton House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 10 Craven Arms B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 30, 2009

A beautiful peaceful setting, sweeping views, luxurious and spacious bedroom and bathroom, unbelievably comfortable bed, balcony overlooking the countryside, sounds of birds, cows and chickens, delicious breakfast, kind and generous hosts - we wished we could have stayed much longer.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
ShropshireLandlady, Owner at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2009

Jenny - thank you for taking the time to write a review. Sorry you couldn't stay for longer but hopefully you'll get the chance to come back at some time and explore South Shropshire a bit more. Karen

Reviewed September 6, 2009

This is certainly the best b and b we have stayed in, and so rare to find a 5* establishment which welcomes dogs. We have read the reviews and were not disappointed. The location was lovely and a good base to discover delightful Shropshire. We really appreciated all the extras and the homemade cake left for us was divine and was a nice midday snack after the lovely fresh breakfasts.
The barn room was ideal to stay in with our beloved dog and he was even left a jar of doggy treats!
Thank you for making our much needed break so enjoyable. We will definately return!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
ShropshireLandlady, Owner at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2009

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review of Hopton House. We're always pleased to welcome well behaved dogs to the B&B and all of our doggy guests seem to love the barn room :0). We hope to see you back here again soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2009

I originally bought a weekend break here for my mum and dad, but was so tempted by the look of the place, I decided to go myself! I was not disappointed! The location is perfect, surrounded by woods and fields, which creates a beautiful feeling of peace. All you can here is the birds tweeting and the hens clucking! The standard of accommodation is out of this world. It is cosy and traditionally romantic. Everything is thought of. The bathroom in the Paddock room is the best I have ever experienced-the biggest bath and shower ever! The toiletries and little treats provided are all locally sourced which is fantastic for the local area. Although I didn't do too much whilst I was in the area as I was on my own and it was a "chill break" for me, it was still ideal and there are some lovely drives in the area. The red kite farm is certainly recommended for a day out-you will never see that many wild red kites ever again I can guarantee. Karen works exceptionally hard and it pays off in her hospitality and all the little touches that make this place unique and so homely. The breakfast experience alone is fantastic and the home baking goes perfectly with a nice cup of tea!
All in all, I would highly recommend this place to anyone. It is so nice though, you don't even want to go out!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
ShropshireLandlady, Owner at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to post review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and your visit over to see the red kites. Hopefully we'll see both you ( and your Mum & Dad ) again.
All the best

Reviewed August 13, 2009

Stayed in the Barn with my Mum for a girly break, exceptional accommodation with so many extras it was hard to leave and fabulous breakfast choice - the blueberry pancakes and maple syrup were divine. The outside space was amazing with the chickens and dogs and the perfect views. Karen is a lovely host and we thoughly recommend Hopton House.

• Stayed: August 2009

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you and your Mum enjoyed your stay. Mitsi is particularly keen on ladies so is always ready to provide a cuddle on request.
We hope to see you both again very soon

Reviewed August 3, 2009

We stayed for 5 nights while children were away at adventure camp. A truly delightful place to stay. It far exceeded all our high exceptions. Have stayed in many B&B's that have looked wonderful on web page but a little disappointed upon arrival. Not with Hopton House - first class. Loved the dogs and the chickens, kept us entertained while we were there. Breakfast was a feast of excellent home cooking. Now having poached plums for our breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
ShropshireLandlady, Owner at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2009

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good time and are still enjoying your poached plums now that you are home :0)
I hope the children enjoyed their camp.

Reviewed July 26, 2009

My husband and I decided to stay at Hopton House to celebrate our 23rd Anniversary and we were not disappointed. The Paddock room was wonderful, bathroom fantastic and the bed was absolutely superb, so comfortable!

Karen made us feel very welcome, the breakfasts were excellent. When we booked the weekend back in January, Karen provided evening meals but this is no longer the case, but as we had booked so early in the year, Karen most graciously cooked our meal on the Friday evening. I have to say we were both impressed with the dinner and after eating at the Baron of Beef pub in Bucknell on the Saturday evening, we have to say that Karen's dinner far exceeded that of the Baron of Beef.

We paid a visit to Clun following our eight mile walk in the morning, a must to walk off the extra pounds you put on whilst staying at this wonderful B & B. We decided to try The Sun Inn for a pint. The ale we sampled was ok and we did not stay for lunch but the pub lacked atmosphere and looked decidedly shabby. We also paid a quick visit to the White Horse, atmosphere ok but the ladies toilets were awful, one to avoid I think.

All in all we loved our stay at this wonderful B & B, Karen works so hard to ensure everyone's stay is special and I hope she continues as she is one in a million!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to do a review on Tripadvisor - they are always appreciated! I'm glad you enjoyed your anniversary and hopefully we'll see you back again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2009

Karen is a warm and inviting landlady - I went on her course, 2 days on "how to run a B&B". A great eyeopener. Hasnt put me off though!
I didnt stay in Hopton House - but we looked around all the rooms - and DONT hestitate to come here. Its devine!

Thanks Karen

It was a great couple of days. ps _ great lemon drizzle........

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
ShropshireLandlady, Owner at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2009

Dear Julie
Thank you for taking the time to review the B&B and giving the place such positive feedback. I'm glad you found the course useful and I'd like to wish you the best with your own B&B - look forward to seeing your B&B reviews on TripAdvisor!