“Perfect B and B in an idyllic setting”

Hopton House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Craven Arms B&B and Inns
Leeds
“Perfect B and B in an idyllic setting”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful stay in the Barn room at Hopton House, very peaceful and restorative. The Barn room is beautiful and spacious with every comfort provided, great attention to detail and lots of lovely little extras like luxury toiletries and lovely home made cake and shortbread. Also it was good to have fresh milk in the silent fridge. Breakfasts were delicious with lots of choice. As we were so lucky with the weather we enjoyed having the deck outside our room for sitting out in the sunshine when we returned from a day out. We had high hopes of our stay based on Karen's own website and the reviews on this site and it exceeded our expectations. We also loved Shropshire and would love to stay at Hopton House again. Thank you Karen for a lovely break.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BramblingTweets, Owner at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time out to write review for us.
I'm very pleased to hear that we met your high expectations and that you enjoyed the cake and shortbread. Hopefully we'll see you again soon to try it again.
All the best
Karen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Decided on a whim to take a cheeky 2 night break from work. So pleased I picked Hopton House it was just perfect. The setting is a delight, amazing views, beautiful house, gardens & an array of strutting chickens to provide entertainment.

Our room was very spacious with everything you could want & a little bit more. My wheat free diet fell at the sight of the lemon drizzle cake & jar of homemade shortbread.

Bathroom had a great shower with plenty of hot water & no need to pack a wash bag Karen's filled it with everything you might possibly need.

The bed was huge, super comfy, quite possibly the best night's sleep I've had for ages.

Breakfasts were imaginative - aga roast tomatoes with halloumi, herby mushrooms with poached eggs as well as perfect looking traditional options. My only regret was that we didn't stay long enough to eat everything on the menu.

Room Tip: Our room had a deck out front with table & chairs. perfect little sun trap.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BramblingTweets, Manager at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
James
Thank you for your wonderful review.
It was a pleasure to welcome you and to meet you all at last.
I do hope we can tempt you back for another visit at some point........
cheshire
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Definitely worth a visit and stay more than one night if you can. In the heart of Shropshire, this place meets all expectations, from the luxurious room and en-suite, to the home-made cake and biscuits to the best breakfast I've ever had. Thanks Karen for an amazing stay. I've wanted to book for ages and I'm so glad I got the chance.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your review.
I'm really glad you finally got to visit us and that you enjoyed the stay and the goodies in your room.
I'm sorry we couldn't accommodate you for longer but hopefully we'll see you again for a longer stay.
West Sussex
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in the paddock room in July 2013 and I have to say it was the best bed and breakfast we have ever stayed in, and we've stayed in a few! The views from the room over the Shropshire hills are stunning and to top it off you get the most delicious home made cake in your room. The room has a sunny balcony and a pair of nice comfy chairs from which to look out on those views with a cold drink from the silent fridge. Karen provides the most imaginative breakfast choices for us veggies and along with the home made bread, marmalade, jams, muffins she makes it all look so easy and nothing is too much trouble. We'll definitely be back!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kryten001
Many thanks for your review.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and so glad the weather was kind to you.
Thank you for your kind feedback on the breakfasts.
Hope to see you again.
West Midlands
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My Husband and I spent 2 glorious nights 24th/26th May13 at Hopton House. We stayed in the Paddock Room, it's beautiful ! The bed is huge,and so comfortable, it was a struggle to drag myself out of it .!
Karen really does know how to look after her guests. Everything was there for you, she thinks of everything.
Only one draw back, Gary will expect me to replicate Karen's eggs benedict.!!
Fantastic food, beautiful room, gorgeous location, can't wait to go back.

2 Thank Michelle M
Michelle
Thank you for your lovely review.
I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that Gary isn't still expecting eggs benedict for breakfast every morning :0)
Hopefully we'll see you again soon.
Tiverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed in the Barn room for 2 nights. This was a present from our daughter .Well what a treat it was; a large beautifully appointed room ,with a large wet room . The bed was huge and so comfy it was difficult to get up in time for breakfast! So glad that we made it to breakfast as it was delicious . A big choice of cooked food on the Menu. My husband chose the full English which was presented well, and he says it tasted as good as it looked . He loved the cooked tomatoes ,which Karen said were cooked with basil ,olive oil, seasalt and black pepper over. I had blueberry pancakes with Maple syrup, very yummy !! Karen left lots of treats in the room ,fresh fruit ,shortbread ,that melted in the mouth ,1 pint milk ,still and sparkling water in the fridge, lemon drizzle cake ,the best that we have ever tasted ,along with plenty of fuit teas, coffees,tea AND red bush tea ,which is the only tea I can drink . This is the first B&B that has supplied this without being asked . Well done Karen and you deserve a 10 out of 10 for your hard work . It was a pleasure to meet you and enjoy the peaceful surroundings of your house and garden .Thank you for everything .
Hopton House is a MUST for travellers, an experience not to be missed .

Room Tip: the Barn room is set up for easy access for wheel chair users also the bathroom with grab handles an...
1 Thank margaret n
BramblingTweets, Owner at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Hello Margaret
Thank you for taking the time to do a review.
It was a pleasure to welcome you both and I'm very glad that it was a successful present.
I'm glad that the cows kept you entertained as well - I shall have to give them a tip :0)
The fresh fruit was part of the in room platter you ordered but we are always happy to put it in a room on request.
It would be great to see you both again.
Battle, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed two nights at this lovely B and B in the Barn Room. There is really nothing I can add to most of the previous reviewers, everything is true. The room is spacious and comfy, we particularly appreciated coming back to sit on the decking and read with a glass of wine before going out for the evening. The breakfasts were absolutely scrumptious; I am a veggie and the choice and taste were brilliant, I really enjoyed the herby mushrooms and home made veggie sausages on the second day. It makes such a change to get something special and not just the default scrambled eggs.

We own our own B and B and this does make us very fussy. We have high standards and sadly we find these are not always met elsewhere. Hopton House and Karen more than exceeded our expectations and we would heartily recommend it. We also thought Shropshire was a beautiful county well worth exploring.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Pauline for your review.
It's always a bit nerve wracking to have another B&B owner come & stay so I'm relieved you found us up to scratch.
We appreciate that not everyone wants the full English so try & offer as much choice as possible to everyone who wants ( or needs ) to eat something a bit different.
Hope to see you again soon
Karen x
Overton Grange Country Hotel
Dinham Hall Hotel
Dinham Hall Hotel
#6 of 8 in Ludlow

Been to Hopton House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!