“Wonderful space to relax in - and have breakfast!”

and 1 more site!
Hopton House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Craven Arms B&B and Inns
“Wonderful space to relax in - and have breakfast!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

One night at Hopton House just isn't enough to really enjoy the surroundings! We stayed in the Barn Room which is both huge and really cosy, with a wonderful bathroom. It was great just to sit around and enjoy the space and the view, eating home made cake or shortbread.

Breakfast was also a delight with wonderful Eggs Benedict for me, and Haddock with poached eggs for my partner.

All in all it's a great place to go to - just to be there!

Room Tip: We had a nose round all the rooms and all are luxurious with great views!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BramblingTweets, Manager at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hi Julia
Many thanks for the TA review. It was great to see you again and I'm glad you enjoyed the Eggs Benedict - it's a bit of a favourite with many of our guests.
Hope to see you again sometime.
Karen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
York
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Staying in the Barn room at Hopton House was definitely one of the best b&b experiences we have ever had. From the lovely drive through the charming Shropshire countryside to the welcome from Karen we had a superb stay.

We can only echo what has been said before - the Barn room was really spacious and clean and allowed you your own privacy as it was separate from the main house. The cake and biscuits were much appreciated and instantly devoured. We really loved the room and all its fittings and the bathroom was equally spacious.

Moving onto the breakfast experience - a sumptuous feast in every way. A groaning buffet table filled with cereals, yoghurts, fruit, jams and marmalades and a variety of breads. Then there was the choice of cooked options - too many to choose from on a 3 night stay - everything delicious and the yellowest of egg yolks ever, fresh from the hens you see through the conservatory windows as you eat breakfast. Try the blueberry pancakes with maple syrup and bacon and the smoothie, yum!

There is a lovely walk from Hopton House past Hopton Castle and into Hopton Woods and it is also a short drive to the spectacular Long Mynd, but there is so much beautiful countryside in quiet Shropshire. And you are not far from Ludlow - a lovely town much deserving of its food reputation. A return visit to Hopton House is a must in order to revisit these experiences again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BramblingTweets, Owner at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your review.
I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay along with the breakfasts. Our hens do work very hard to provide those lovely yellow yolked eggs.
We hope to see you again very soon .
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2013

What a fantastic couple of nights we had at Hopton House. This is truly 5 star accommodation and would put most top hotels to shame. Everything about the place is first class from the Breakfasts - everything you can think of is on the menu - to the home made lemon drizzle cake & shortbread in our room. The rooms are terrific & large with the biggest bed I've ever slept in - a superior King size. A fridge in the room enabled us to keep our champagne cold & Karen even left us 4 champagne flutes to toast my wife's birthday. The only thing I can fault was the weather but cant expect Karen to sort this one aswell. The surrounding countryside is great - Ludlow & Shrewsbury are a must to visit- & 2 restaurants The Sun & The Jolly Frog were excellent. We'll be back hopefully in warmer weather.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank davidacunliffe
BramblingTweets, Owner at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Hi David
Thank you very much for that lovely review and for staying with us back in December. I am glad you all enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry about the weather but we do get some lovely sunny days here as well - honest! I look forward to welcoming you back to prove it :)
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Having travelled the length and breadth of the UK and stayed in many a B&B and Hotel, this is the first time I have actually taken the trouble to write a review. Not that I am lazy, but rather, that somewhere had to be extra special for me to bother. Hopton House most certainly is. Set in a stunning location with wonderful views, we stayed in a very comfortable, large, clean room with every conceiveable facility and need catered for. Breakfast was fantastic as was the reception and hospitality we received throughout our stay.

Karen has set the gold standard when it comes to B&B's and many an owner could learn a thing or two from her.

Looking forward to visiting again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Myviewtoo
BramblingTweets, Owner at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for such a great review.
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay here so much that we inspired you to write one :)
Hopefully we can tempt you back for another stay in the future.
Thanks again
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Peace, comfort and luxury - three words that perfectly describe our stay in the Barn room, Hopton House. We arrived after a long journey, were warmly greeted and were thrilled when we set foot in the Barn room. The space, furnishings and bathroom (with underfloor heating!) made us feel pampered and truly relaxed. It was the little touches that made all the difference - home-made biscuits and cake, the touch control lamps, soft lighting, understated but luxurious blankets and the basket of extra toiletries for emergencies. Karen was a great host and I particularly enjoyed the Eggs Benedict for breakfast while enjoying the view and watching the birds and chickens in the garden. Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelleran
Hello Michelle
Thank you for such a lovely review.
I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope next time you visit you'll be able to stay a bit longer to explore Shropshire! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your break in Wales despite the floods.
Take Care
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was my first time in a bed and breakfast and I was thrilled with my experience! I'm actually afraid of writing about how wonderful this place is because it might be continually booked and I won't be able to visit...Karen has an incredible house and yard, full of beautiful heritage chickens, woodland birds and two of the friendliest dogs I've met. I stayed in the barn and was so pleased with the accommodations. The bed was very comfortable with soft linens and pillows. I greatly appreciated the extra seating in the room which allowed us to relax after a long day of sightseeing. The room was meticulous and well-equipped; the bathroom was divine with both a shower and tub. We enjoyed many a night on the porch, listening to the various birds and smelling the heavenly scents of wildflowers. Karen has a real knack for attention to detail; our room was equipped for late-night cravings with delicious homemade goodies and plenty of milk and sugar for tea or coffee. And the breakfasts....all I can say is WOW. She is an incredible cook--I have so many food allergies; however, she was able to offer so many options for me that I never felt left out in the cold. She even prepared marvelous gluten- and egg-free treats for me to enjoy in the room. I cannot stress enough the absolute perfection that Karen has achieved with Hopton House; I highly recommend this bed and breakfast to everyone. If you've never stayed at a b&b, this is the place to go. It is absolutely perfect--peaceful, relaxing and decadent. Unfortunately all other b&bs have a difficult time stacking up to Hopton House after this visit...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank voyage42
BramblingTweets, Owner at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for such a great review and for being my first reviewer ( and guests! ) from Alabama.
It was a pleasure to welcome you and your family back in the summer.
I'm glad we provided you with a positive initiation into the world of B&Bs and hope that you'll find some more little gems in your travels.
Also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food - I don't like guests to go hungry whatever allergies they have.
Take care
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Excellent attention to detail - home made lemon cake and shortbread on arrival. Beds very comfortable and great bathroom with lovely toiletries. Great local ingredients and list of specials for breakfast - so much choice and high quality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David W
BramblingTweets, Owner at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
David
Many thanks for coming back to Hopton House and also for taking the time to do a review.
I do hope we'll see you both back again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Craven Arms
Overton Grange Country Hotel
Dinham Hall Hotel
Dinham Hall Hotel
#6 of 8 in Ludlow

Been to Hopton House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!