“Simply a great pub!”

The Crown Inn
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Craven Arms
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Settled amongst the rolling South Shropshire countryside in the picturesque village of Clunton is the Crown Inn, run by local family Andy and Della Peers A real country pub set in the lovely Clun Valley, an area recognised for its outstanding natural beauty. The Inn offers warm local hospitality with a range of local beers always on offer in the bar, and home cooked locally sourced food in the restaurant all prepared and cooked by Andy Peers.
West Midlands, UK
“Simply a great pub!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This was my second visit to the Crown and both times it was excellent. Front of house is the friendly landlady who always seems to have a smile and cheery word. Your first taste should be the Hobsons Best Bitter which is kept to perfection, I've not tasted it better in any Shropshire pub. My partner says the wine by the glass is good too - I like my wine but when the beer is this good...

And now the food. The Crown does not attempt to be a gastro pub and you will not see the words "jus" or "compote" on their menu. Their line is simple, freshly prepared pub grub and they do it very well indeed. This does mean you may have to wait a little longer but that just means you have time for an extra half of Hobsons! Home-cooked chips and the chef's potato salad are standouts - yummy! As for the portions, my partner & I shared a baguette, chips & salad for one and there was plenty. You'll never go hungry (or thirsty) at the Crown.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank IanMcBean

kent
“fantastic easter lunch”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We had one of the best meals ever in this place. The food was excellent and the service was top notch too. We was told about this place whilst on a break in the area, and how lucky we were to eat in this pub. The portions were very generous and everyone's meals were cooked to perfection and we all had different meals. You would be foolish not to sample this eatery. We will certainly be going back.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank jembaby
Hertfordshire
“Not had my meal yet, but for helpfulness 100%”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have just spoken to a really lovely and helpful lady who has booked me a table for Easter Sunday. If the meal and time is anywhere near as good as the customer service I have just received then we are in for a treat. Am very much liikung forward to it

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 5weet5tuff
Craven Arms, United Kingdom
“The Crown at Clunton - best food in the area”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Although I live just a few miles from the Crown Inn, I feel compelled to write about the fantastic food and service given at this pub/restaurant. I go there for lunch and dinner quite often, as it has the best food at the best prices anywhere in this area. The landlord and landlady (Andy and Della) go out of their way to make one feel welcome. The food is not only wholesome and affordable, but so tasty and perfectly cooked by Andy, who is a fantastic professional chef. On Wednesday nights, from 7pm, the fish and chip supper is famous for the excellent fresh haddock, and the best proper chips I have ever eaten. No wonder the place is bulging on Weds nights - and no-one gets turned away!
Sunday lunches are a culinary treat, with mouthwatering choices, which can be ordered to eat in or takeaway. I do eat at other venues, but find none to compere with the Crown.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank rosiedevans
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A brilliant find!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We happened to be in the area and used trip advisor to recommend a restaurant nearby. It was further out of our way in miserable, rainy (and flooded) conditions but the Crown was completely worth it!

Amazing value with 2 very tasty and generous homemade courses and plenty of drinks for 4 for just over £70! All the staff were very friendly and attentive even though they were fully booked in their dining room with a surprise 80th birthday party.

We couldn't recommend the Crown highly enough, my only disappointment was I couldn't fit in a pudding. We will definitely be returning in future!

1 Thank James k