“Well run and good value.”

and 1 more site!
Corncroft Guest House
Ranked #1 of 15 Witney B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My company booked a room for me here the night of our Christmas party. I wasn't sure about the idea of a guest house but it was a very pleasant stay. There was a warm welcome from the owner, the room was clean and well equipped with a modern en-suite. There was also the most generous offering of coffee, tea and hot chocolate satchets I have ever seen!

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again but have tow small gripes:

1. I'd rather not see the owners dog in the breakfast area when people are eating.

2. The room service ladies were talking very loudly outside my room at 08:30 and woke me up. Since it was a Saturday morning and after a late night I was hoping for a lie in!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SPHcold

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I've stayed at the Corncroft 4 times this year and I'm never disappointed, always clean and comfortable with a warm welcome. Richard is an excellent host and knows how to look after his guests. His breakfasts are great with an excellent choice - he does a wonderful scrambled egg on toast !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Never before have I had the option to CHOOSE my room as I had here, friendly welcome, Richard had called me in the morning to confirm what time we were arriving and knew exactly who we were when we arrived. Chose our room, a lovely double with ensuite and a huge window, very comfortable bed and was toasty and warm! Was visiting Witney for my brother's birthday, which we'd mentioned in passing to Richard. At breakfast the next morning, he asked after my brother and the night we'd had. Such a friendly and lovely place! Definitely recommended!

Only one niggle, and that was the implication from Laterooms.com that we'd already paid which we actually hadn't, but it wasn't an issue with the hotel, more with the website.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our second visit to Corncroft and just as good as the first. Our room this time was a lot smaller than before and the only slight niggle was that there being no space for a shelf or dressing table, it was a little difficult to "spread out". If you are going for longer than 1 night or taking more stuff then I would recommend requesting one of the other rooms. The quality was just the same in this room though. Extremely comfortable bed, large shower and spotlessly clean. Great breakfast selection, food cooked beautifully and a warm welcome as always from Mr Ben. I have to re-iterate other comments though, it is very noisy at weekends. We stayed Saturday night and was woken several times, even at 3.30 by some drunk people having an argument! earplugs recommended if a light sleeper.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mapcat_007
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay. Witney is lovely,very quaint,loads of lovely country pubs. Guesthouse brilliant,great location and brilliant breakfast. Would highly recommend a meal in The Three Horseshoes,just across the road,excellent food.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We once more stayed at our favourite B&B in Witney,and again we were delighted by everything there.
Richard and his staff (including Mr Ben the Westie) all looked after us well,our room was spacious,delightful,clean and most comfortable.
Breakfast cooked by Richard was consistently amazing,good choices,fine ingredients,all you need is a very large appetite!!!
I really appreciate the full length walk in wardrobe,rather than the free standing wardrobes in many B&B's that only take a skirt or short dress and include an iron and ironing board,brilliant.
The shower was powerful with hot water 24x7.
I would recommend this 4* B&B to everyone who wants a luxury break in the Cotswolds!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Firstly I would like to say how lovely this hotel truly is.
As soon as we walked through the door we were greeted by the proprietor and his fluffy friendly dog 'Mr Ben'. Straight away he made us feel welcome and lead us up to our room. Which was no.7 as the front of the house.

The room was clean and airy. Although alittle small everything was catered for, including a hair dryer, iron and ironing board, a kettle and a selection of tea/coffee/hot chocolate and all the relevant items required with this. There were biscuits to go with your tea and even a couple of celebrations as a little friendly welcome. There was a tv with freeview and a lovely window seat to read a book from.
The en-suite was clean and well stocked with towels, miniature shampoo/conditioner and shower gel. The walk in shower was hot and powerful and the heated towel rail dried the towels quickly.
The breakfast room had plenty of choice laid out, including juices, croissants cereal and fruit. Tea and coffee was brought to the table and any for of cooked breakfast was made to order open your request. Richard the proprietor is a very attentive hoast and asked several times if we wanted more and had everything we needed. I especially liked the smiley face potatoe crispy thing that was added to every breakfast. What a sweet and thoughtful touch.
The place itself is very quite and although there were people in the room directly next door, having thick walls (being a lovely old building) and having the en-suites between us I never heard even a footstep from them. The room above us was unoccupied at the time, so I don't know if you woul hear noise from upstairs but I doubt it.
However - this is my only criticism. We stayed Friday and Safurday night in order to visit family who live in Witney. This meant that we got back to the room around 11pm and 10pm respectively. The local pubs were still in full swing. On the Friday night talking and shouting could be heard from the venues until around 1pm and the Saturday night was incredibly noisey with a live band playing a couple of doors down until gone midnight. This is in noway the fault of the B&B but it is something to be aware of. If you are going to enjoy and take part visiting the local pubs and restaurants I am sure this wont bother you as you will be leaving along with the rest of them. Sadly for us, we had to be up early both mornings and wanted to get an earlish nights sleep.
Thankfully we did take earplugs (as we never travel without them) but they were definately needed for this place.
Even with this considered I would still recommend the CornCroft. It was a lovely place to stay and when we come back to visit family during the week we will probably book here again. The location for all local amenities and shops is fantastic, and being close to the pubs is lovely, it's just a shame for us that the rooms can't be double glazed as the building is probably listed. Or perhaps a room at the back of the property would have been better for us early nighters!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Embers83
Also consider these accommodations in or near Witney
Oxford Witney Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Leigh
The Maytime Inn
The Maytime Inn
#1 of 8 in Burford

Been to Corncroft Guest House? Share your experiences!