“Great Food”
Review of The Lord Kitchener

The Lord Kitchener
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lord Kitchener is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 104 Restaurants in Witney
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Classic and Gastro-Pub Food. We also have a function room available for private hires of up to 25 people. Additionally we have a very nice beer garden.
Witney
“Great Food”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have visited this place on 2 occassions so far and both times the food was outstanding and staff very eager to please customers. They stop serving food at 3 on Sunday but when we showed up at 2:55 they did not turn us down and providing lunch for us was not a problem at all. The place has been renovated recently and looks great. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013

“Great Christmas Lunch”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

First time at the Lord Kitchener since its refurb. Booked our work Christmas lunch here for Friday 21 December 2012. Gabi and her team couldn't have done more for us - great welcome, delicious food and excellent service. There were 30 of us and everyone really enjoyed it - what a result! We will definitely be back.

Visited December 2012
Witney, United Kingdom
“A welcome change to this village PH”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

'wow' is the word I remember saying when I walked into the Lord Kitchener for the first time since being re-furbished. What an amazing job the new owners have done!
The Lord Kitchener used to be a dark, cluttered with cheap food and felt a very uninviting place. Now, it is bright, modern, clean, tidy, well laid out and has food to die for. Whomever it is that is responsible for taking this pub over has really injected enthusiasm behind the bar and employed a talented chef. All staff were exceptionally friendly and made me feel welcome on every visit.
Since going that first time, I have re-visited on numerous occasions, both for food and the odd pint (a good selection of lagers, ales and wines available) Sunday Roast is brilliant and as someone has previously put, the vegetables are fresh and perfectly cooked every time.
To sum up - it needed a BIG change, and the BIG change has occurred - and it's damn great!

• Visited September 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
“an eatery for your little black book of hidden talents!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have visited the LK a couple of times over the last few months as we have friends in the area and each visit has been for a completely different purpose and yet the outcome has always been the same, a bespoke service with fantastic wholesome food, well done LK please keep it up!
I have had a sunday family lunch with a 5 & 2 year old, attended a very well thought out charity coffee morning and then with confidence a recent business lunchtime meeting.
To note i loved the little touches that show real thought behind the brand, glass coffee & tea cups - very cool and my delicious homemade fishcakes with rocket came out on a "slate-plate" - all added to my overall experience.
I love the updates about the regular noteworthy events including the fish & chip for 2 nights and friday 1/2 price bubbly.
Also on another note for businesses to survice the test of time they need to take a risk be able move with the times and stand out from the crowd - the LK is not a little village pub with old boys standing at the bar but and upto date gastro pub with plenty of easy parking and within a quick hop to Witney town on just off the old A40 road - I wish we had a local that was bringing a sense of community and putting my village on the map!

• Visited October 2012
“Fantastic Sunday Lunch!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We went for a Sunday roast and were completely blown away by the quality of the food. The homemade soup for starters was fantastic and really interesting flavours with the fennel. The main Sunday roast dinner was delicious, really good value and all freshly cooked. I find so many pubs over cook their vegetables so you end up with a plate of slushy tepid veg, but here they were beautifully cooked. We had chocolate brownie for desert which was lovely.
All in all the atmosphere was great, the food was fantastic and it was reasonably priced. I'd definately reccomend.

• Visited November 2012