1,052 results
All reviews four pillars wowcher deal steam room and sauna leisure facilities course dinner leisure club swimming pool trouser press no lift reception staff park and ride short break pleasant stay secret escapes lovely hotel main road the ground floor
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked for a Saturday night as we were attending a wedding locally. The Hotel decor is very tired everywhere you look from carpets to room decor and chipped scuffed skirtings and rails. Breakfast was OK although eggs were hard and items not replenished as it was not manned for our visit. Would not recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

In all fairness, we didn’t spend much time in the day at the hotel as we entertained ourselves elswehere. But on a wowcher deal of £180 for two nights the hotel is still considerably over priced. The rooms are dated, small and the beds very hard, but there was a bath which was nice. The staff seemed pleasant and the breakfast had a good choice, all the food was hot. Although no major issues with the stay, we did not find this value for money and probably wouldn’t stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Luckily got a cheap rate. If I’d paid full price I wouldn’t have been at all happy. It’s a dated 1980s hotel with lots of dark wood. My room was comfortable but had seen better days. The worst part was the bar which had no welcoming atmosphere at all. Sports were being shown on the TV and part of the room ran like a corridor with a long table. Awful. Barman wasn’t very interested either. The leisure facilities were much smaller than I imagined and the spa pool was very weak. Staff throughout need training in eye contact and smiling. Receptionist not welcoming and very abrupt. Didn’t ask if I’d enjoyed my stay - probably knew what the answer would be. Certainly won’t return.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I travelled down to Witney to meet up with some family who were there for a longer stay.

This is a nice enough hotel but I paid £104 for one night in a double room on my own via booking.com (no single rooms were on offer) while my parents paid £280 for three nights between them. Went down to join them for breakfast to find my rate didn’t include it.

The hotel is looking a bit worn and tired, and the bar was poorly stocked.

No specific issues but the prices don’t reflect the standards.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Melmelgarfitt
Reviewed September 9, 2018

I came here for a weekend with my daughter before she goes back to uni, and I wish I had gone to the hotel down the road!

First the food was terrible!!!! We had dinner here and my daughter ordered the pork belly, as soon as it was place on the table she kindly said "I'm sorry but is it supposed to be like this", as there was just a thick layer of fat on the pork instead of any cracking. The young waitress' response was "thats how we cook it here." My daughter would have ordered something else or asked it to be recooked but the waitress walked away without any intension of amending the meal. There was no check back to see if my own meal was cooked well. Our bottle of prosecco arrived during the middle of our starter.

All of the waiters and waitresses had miserable faces, not one smiled even when eye contact was made.

Breakfast was appalling!!! No smoothies were out as indicted on the menu, the juices were empty, there were no pastries until we asked where they were, and when they came out they didn't look fresh. The fry up looked unappetising.

The leisure centre.... we were unable to use the swimming pool due to young children having swimming lessons until after 14:00, and as this was a spa weekend for the two of us, it was not ideal.

Overall, very disappointing, the staff were unhelpful, the food was appalling. I will never return!!!

Room Tip: Don't come here
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family