“Very enjoyable meal”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #31 of 104 Restaurants in Witney
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Chef uses our local Artisan food heroes, we add a touch of magic to create simple non pretentious cooking field/sea to plate
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We turned up on spec on a Friday evening and were given a table that had been reserved but no-one had turned up. I think they turned up a bit later and were given another table that had come free.
Busy and noisy environment, which didn't spoil the meal.
The food was very good and we were served by a very friendly and helpful waitress.
Very limited desert menu.
Overall, this suited us very well and we would be happy to return.

There are newer reviews for The Plough Inn

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Hi,

Went in for lunch today 10th Aug 2012 around 1pm. Lovely sunny day.
Went through to beer garden, but it wasn;t clear whether they took the order out there on in at the bar.
Went into bar to find one guy serving, wasn't overly busy just 2 in front of us, but service was slow.

Took a seat outside in the nice beer garden, tatty old umbrellas that needed replaced. Managed to fix ours at least temporarily.

Food came out over 30 minutes later, by which time we were in a hurry to leave, (due to an appointment). Food was ok.
I had a cheeseburger / chips / peroni, cheeseburger was very nice but quite small, although big enough for lunch i suppose. Small but perfectly formed i guess.
Chips were ok.

My wife had Nachos and a lime and soda. Was quite a large portion.

Total bill was £18.20, so not particularly cheap, but typical for lunch these days unfortunately, so no problem there.

Overall it was ok, I think the slow service let them down today which was a shame, as it wasn;t that busy, i didn;t think.

I'd like to add that I have visited the Plough Inn previously for Sunday lunch and really enjoyed it.

I hope this comes across as a fair and balanced review as that is the intention.

1  Thank Domhnachdaoi
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had a lovely family Sunday lunch here. We'd walked past several times and thought it looked like a busy little place serving good food. We were right. Our meal was delicious and the service was very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

The perfect place to go if your a vegetarian, service was slow even though me and my other half were the only guests in there, but good prices

Reviewed April 7, 2012

The food was cold, the meat was tough, and the selection of drinks very limited. Value for money was very poor.

1  Thank Rachel S