“Cosy atmosphere”

Ranked #14 of 104 Restaurants in Witney
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open all day, serving a delicious menu of classic French dishes; from steak frites and boeuf bourguignon to a selection of croques and baguettes.
Witney, United Kingdom
“Cosy atmosphere”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great place to meet with friends for chat and scoff!
I have been here numerous occassions with family and friends and the food is quite good. Staff are a little bit cool but I think the lady who is the manager is friendly and chatted to my little girl. The only shame is that the menu does not change very often.

Visited January 2013

Carterton, United Kingdom
“lively vibrant and delicious”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

booking not required but can be very busy one a saturday and quite noisy too.
the food is always very nice and reasonably priced. we normally go and use our cinema ticket vouchers. staff are polite and friendly. child friendly.

Newbury, England, United Kingdom
“Worst Cafe Rouge visit ever - and I've been in a lot.”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We live in Newbury and were out on a day trip. Cafe Rouge being our favourite chain restaurant - but not after this experience - we thought we'd have a lunch here on the way.
It was almost empty and my husband wanted to sit by a window. We waited by the door for a seat and were shown to a table near to the service door opposite a brick wall. We said no we wanted a window with a view but we were firmly "shown" to our seat. My husband said not to make a fuss. my coat got knocked off my chair when the waitresses went by and it was draughty on a cold day every time the door was opened.Food was fine but then a large group of smokers came out and stood directly at our window staring in at us. I moved to another table with my plate etc.. but my husband was too embarassed. I explained why I'd moved to the Manageress who looked at me blank and uncomprehending. Day out was ruined. I rang the head Office and was told by the "Customer Service" person that it was a designated smoking area for Debenhams and I should have know that - how? And the Manageress thought it was one of the better tables in the restaurant - so that's alright then. And why was I moaning, the window wasn't open? Because I don't like smoking and I don't like feeling like I'm in a Zoo. I told her that I would no longer be visiting Cafe Rouge and she said "That's ok." Unbelievable. A bit of net curtain wouldn't go amiss. Thanks for ruining a rare day out with my husband Cafe Rouge, he's not keen to take me for a meal out now.

2 Thank Sue B
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Lunch with family (again)”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We have used this branch many times, it is always good value. It was even better this time as we had a 40% off main meals voucher. Staff are pleasant, well trained and efficient. We didn't have to wait long for our meals and even had puddings. Toilets very clean. Will visit again.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Great Food and setting”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Been to loads of Cafe Rouges and this one is probably one of the best I've been to. We went on a Sunday evening (4pm) it was very quiet. We had booked but no need to. I had ribeye steak, very nice and wife had the duck, also very nice. Two kids with me and their meals were fine both from the kids menu. Drinks reasonably priced compared to bar prices in general. Waitress very helpful and not intrusive at all. As for toilets, very clean but a bit chilly. I would definitely go back to this one again if in the area and they take Tesco tokens, once converted.