“Excellent good value Chinese”
Review of Peking Dynasty

Peking Dynasty
Ranked #18 of 48 Restaurants in Wantage
Cuisines: Chinese
“Excellent good value Chinese”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The all you can get chinese buffet from Sunday to Thursday is excellent. For around £15 you get a huge choice of starters, mains and it includes crispy duck pancakes. The food is quick to arrive, always hot and you can eat as much as you like. It inlcudes king prawns, squid and the usual meats all of which are very well cooked. Soft drinks are a little on the pricey side and sometimes I have suffered with the "MDS" head but apart from that very good indeed.

Staff are always very polite and courteous. Highly recommended. also does takeway food and on Friday/Saturdays they have an a la carte menu which is delicious.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank bagpusslwe

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Takeaway service is excellant”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Food arrived quickly, hot and as expected if you'd been sitting down in their restaurant - would recommend

Visited September 2013
1 Thank wantage71
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty food”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Very yummy food. Nice small restaurant. Nice friendly service.My wife and I randomly selected restaurant and very good quality food indeed.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank delroy_mitchell
Wantage, United Kingdom
“Variable!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've given an average rating as I have had mixed experiances from terrible to very good. I have worked out as much that I think the quality of the food is seriously dire during the week (different chef/each as much as you like menu??) and have no complaints when I've had takeaways at the weekend. So hubby and I still eat there but only at the weekends and we have always enjoyed the food that way. Very small restaurant so you don't you have much privacy when you converse. Rather amusing at Valentines with the hand cut paper hearts stuck all over the windows- tacky but sweet and funny.

Visited October 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Family Meal”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Our three boys (7,5,3 yrs) asked if we could go out for a Chinese meal. We hadn't done this before so it was quite a test.
Peking Dynasty was perfect for us. The service was impeccable and totally child-friendly.
The fixed price menu is great but there is a danger of over-ordering. I would advise ordering less than you think you will need, the portions are very generous.
This would be a great place to go with a big crowd as then you could try lots of different dishes.
Everything we had was delicious, maybe it's not exactly how you would eat in the Far East but it was pretty close and our children loved it all.
We are planning to go back with the extended family to try some more dishes. Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2013