Tripadvisor
Wantage
Post
Inbox
Search

“Amazing staff, amazing food! ”

The Extraordinary Hare
Ranked #16 of 51 Restaurants in Wantage
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Extraordinary Hare is a warm and inviting country pub situated on the A417 in the beautiful Oxfordshire village of West Hendred. Fresh seasonal food is served daily. A meeting / function room is available for private and corporate use.There is a lovely garden and outside dining area and a large car park. Presently closed on Mondays for food.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I arrived to this wonderful pub on Saturday the 18th and I was greeted with the most warm welcome. We were seated as soon as we arrived and our drinks order taken straight away. The chef had put some specials on this night and I can say they did not disappoint, I chose the salmon and it was to die for! Cooked to perfection it was amazing. I then went for the sticky toffee pudding and again I could not fault it, they really do have amazing chefs. We were served by a young girl called Emily, she was brilliant. She always made sure our glasses were topped up and made us feel so welcome. I will 100% return. This is now my new local!

1  Thank joevoller5433
Write a reviewReviews (113)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Popped in for a quick drink Saturday 18th Jan - what a selection for choice!!! Ended up staying a few hours, lovely little pub with such friendly staff! Lots of drink to choose and the environment made it even better. Will definitely be going back

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Arrived to a very warm greeting, lovely place with a very friendly atmosphere. Went on Saturday eve just gone, although slightly busy the service was great and the food was even better! Had the squid to start and the lamb loft as to follow, all delicious and will definitely be going back for more! Fantastic evening!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Waited around for ages to be served while they tended to everyone else around us. Didn't have any sugar free drinks other than diet so asked for tap water. Horrified when we got the bill that they charge £2.35 for tap water which was more than the half diet coke my partner had. Also was not told they charged for it, if I know that i would have went without or ordered another drink. I am surprised they don't charge for the air space and parking. I would not recommend or go back again, food was just ok and service very poor.

1  Thank hollybobble7
theextraordinaryhare, Other at The Extraordinary Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the same copy and pasted complaint Holly. I have already replied 3 times across the other social media formats available you have used.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

My first visit was for Christmas lunch with work and was very good. When i visited again with my wife the service was very poor, we paid up and left. Having written to the owners about our experience we have not had a reply.

Date of visit: December 2019
theextraordinaryhare, Owner at The Extraordinary Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Dickyb0y,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us through TripAdvisor following your visit that left you feeling disappointed. I was looking back through TripAdvisor's previous reviews to see your positive review and feedback from your visit that was so very good to see if we had made contact previously but sadly I could not find one.

I can't apologise enough that we failed you on this more recent visit which I'm guessing was also in December ? I can also only apologise for not having received your letter through this busy time either, it's why I so often prefer to email as it's easily tracked. I really am sorry we don't have more information regards having not received your letter. I wonder if you wouldn't mind emailing your feed back on kate@thehare-pub.co.uk so that I can have a better understanding.

I would love to hear from you regards the service so we can address any issues as quickly as possible.

kind regards