“Elaichi Grove”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My family and I have been eating at the Elaichi for many years, the food is always good quality. The restaurant itself has a warm atmosphere, with very friendly and helpful staff members. Food is always at high standards and always has a lot of flavour. The ingredients used always seems fresh and well prepared. The Decor in the restaurant has a modern touch but fits in well with the theme of the food. No other indian restaurant compares to it.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

The elachi never fails with the food ordered. We have tried others in the area but nothing compares. Whenever we come to the elachi the food is great and service amazing!

1  Thank lozzie124
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having been to this restaurant may times when it first opened about 12 yrs.' ago, the food was amazing, my friends who I meet up with every 3 months or so, decided to try this restaurant as had not been in years, BAD Choice. I have to say it was not anywhere as good as it used to be, the atmosphere is not brilliant, cold bland décor, The menu sounds amazing, and some lovely different dishes compared to other Indian restaurant's but It did not live up to its description's, The pre dinner Poppadum's, and spices etc, did not match the standard, I have had in many restaurants. I agree with most other reviewers that every thing tasted the same, very jelly like sauces instead of rich and spicy sauces, and only just warm, plates cold, I was surprised at how bad it was , given that its still going after so many years, we would not go again unless I saw good reviews consistently.

2  Thank Peter K
Reviewed March 28, 2013

On the two occasions that I've eaten here I have had bland, luke warm food at high prices. Meat covered in mildly spiced gravey instead of the anticipated blend of vegetables, sauce, and choice cuts. Presentation was good but that came at a price. £25 for 1 poppodum, 1 main, 1 rice and 2 drinks seemed a bit excessive.
On a positive note, it was clean, friendly and the ambiance was OK.

1  Thank Graham S
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've eaten here once and had takeaway twice. The meal in he restaurant was quite nice but the fish was undercooked and had to be sent back. The takeaways however were very disappointing - quite bland and just warm. I've heard of great reviews of this place but quite disappointed.