“I was made to feel very uncomfortable”
Review of The Lamb Inn

The Lamb Inn
Ranked #28 of 49 Restaurants in Wantage
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Whilst waiting for family members decided to go for a meal this evening with my 12 week old baby i explained that she had her jabs today and was a bit grumpy was told it was fine and go and sit down. The food was lovely and impressed how quick the food came out was just made to feel uncomfortable by both the landlord and customers because of my baby crying. I would have rather someone say something to my face rather than mutter behind my back. Also the changing facilities were very cold due to no heating in there.

1  Thank Shar0n1976

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Have never been in here before and was pleasantly surprised. It's lovely inside and very cosy on a cold wet night.

The menu is very basic and (in my opinion) overpriced, but if the food is excellent then you can forgive that.
The food however is far from excellent.

Fried, sums it up. All the starters are 'breaded', presumably to aid the frying process and can be found in any supermarket frozen section. Again you could forgive that if you got loads of it and/or it's really well cooked. Neither applied here. They all come with a choice of dip. I had the blue cheese, which I strongly advise against, it was hideous.

The mains were margainly better but again uninspiring and overpriced.

The desserts sounded lovely but we weren't about to be taken in for a third time and at around £5 a go, I doubt would ever have been worth it.

The bar had the narrowest selection of drinks I've seen in a long time and the staff were surly, bored and lacked basic numeracy skills (having failed miserably) splitting a bill in half!

Also we were practically the only people in the place on a Saturday night, so if you doubt my review surly that fact speaks for itself!

1  Thank Debra2002
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The menu hasn't changed here in ages. Not sure if it's the same chef or lack of culinary knowledge or inspiration. the pub is very dark, the food is OK, predictable pub grub but the prices are too steep for what is on offer. I presume 'The Lamb' has stood for a long time, just like the menu, Wantage needs a fresh breeze to blow through it to invigorate it and so does this pub.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Lamb is a good place to go for a drink, cosy in the winter and love the live Jazz music. Good play area in the beer garden for the kids. Menu *sign* is disappointment. The food is average but it feels like they have not changed the menu in a decade! I am a vegetarian and have eaten the few options they have again...and again...and again...would be nice to see something different is my only grumble.

1  Thank buzz19
Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you travel through Wantage this is a good place to stop for lunch. They have a daily value special meal which is always good, and on their overall menu there is a good variety of dishes of all sizes. Friendly people!