“Wedding reception venue”

The Beetle & Wedge Boathouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2018

The pub is on the banks of the Thames in a lovely spot. The staff looked after us very well and the whole day was very enjoyable.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

We arrived a little early for dinner (10 minutes) but had told them we would like a drink first by the river and our welcome was not good. When we said we had advised thus when booking the lady smiled a bit. The four of us should have turned round and left. The food was Ok the wine (the young punks red) was so good I ordered some form a supplier when I got home.

The food was average and the service through the meal just about Ok but not as good as we had a right to expect for the cost..

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

The only reason to visit this pub is the view of the river, which is charming. That cannot be said of the waiters, who make you feel like they’re doing you a favour to serve you. Surly, slow service. I should have listened to my friends, who had the same experience last week. We won’t be going back.

1  Thank jilly222222
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Great place, excellent food, a little gem. Staff are superbly helpful and attentive. Mooring was interesting, but goodness, how many excellent restaurants can you Moore at the front door and be greeted by the owner?

Cannot wait to return.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

We had a very enjoyable meal on the occasion of our visit. The only slight drawback was that they had run out of rose wine due to a previous group of clearly very thirsty ladies!
The food was of a very good standard, although I have to say that my steak was a little sinewy. My wife had swordfish and was very satisfied.
The location overlooking the river is very relaxing and we were lucky that we arrived on a fine day.