“Really good all round”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Milton Common
essex
“Really good all round”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Lovely Hotel, very friendly and helpful staff, good food, clean, nice rooms and beds, Has it all really. A short drive to park and ride gets you to Oxford quite quickly and conveniently. And nearby Thame is worth a visit, especially if you like kitchen shops of which there seem to be more than average. The big one is great. Pool is a bit small

1 Thank holidaylover00
OBjwhite, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear holidaylover00,
I am delighted to read that all aspects of your stay with us were a success; thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Julian White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Chigwell, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Absolutely loved my time here! Such a visually amazing hotel, great location, great friendly staff and best of all.... The best breakfast I ever had(3 helpings).

I stayed 1 night as I had a nhs event here early the next morning. Upon arrival the lively lady at reception did my check in super fast and directed me to my room. Room was in immaculate condition and was cosy and welcoming. Next morning woke up, had a shower then dug into the great breakfast of eggs, bacon, tomatoes andsome hash Brownies which was fabulous. Checkout was easy.

Next time I plan to visit Oxford I will definitely be staying here. 5/5 from a very happy customer!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Marcus G,
Thank you so much for your kind comments and I am delighted that your stay was such a successful one! We look forward to welcoming you back!
Eastbourne
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Lovely hotel ideally situated to visit Oxford. A 5min drive to free park and ride (used our bus passes so no cost to us at all) The staff were pleasant and helpful , breakfast was a bit hectic on Sat morning with cutlery , teapots etc being in short supply . The girl doing the toast worked very hard under difficult circumstances with a not very cooperative toaster ,but apart from that no problems. I was impressed with the quality and decor of the bedrooms and the easy to use radiator/heater on the wall. Overall I was more than happy with my stay and would not hesitate to use the hotel again.

Dear HemingwayEastbourne,
Thank you for your review; I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and made the most of our convenient location to visit Oxford. We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed hear whilst attending a business conference. I was upgraded on check in to a Q Suite which was a lovely spacious room, the staff were all friendly and helpful and the food at lunchtime and breakfast was good quality, well cooked and tasty.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Q suite well worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jude H,
Thank you for your comments; I am delighted that your stay with us for a conference was a successful one!
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I travelled here for business and the company had not let them know in advance that I would need dietary requirements, yet they immediately catered for me, providing separate platter for me at the buffet, that if you are a coeliac- was not just a ham salad!! I was there tues- fri and will be there again for the next two weeks. The rooms were comfy, the gym and pool are a bit small but big enough for the amount of people, I did not have to wait to get on any machine and could swim easily. Would recommend for business and if visiting the area as not far from the M40.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
OBjwhite, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Emma1503,
Thank you so much for your comments and I am pleased to read that your special requirements were catered for so easily. We look forward to welcoming you back next week!
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife & I would like to thank all the staff of the Oxford Belfry for an excellent weekend. The most friendly staff at any UK hotel, we have ever stayed in. We ask for a room in a quiet location and they certainly complied. Room / food were all 5 star. Thank you everyone at the hotel.

Dear Peter J,
This is praise indeed! Thank you so much for your kind comments and I am delighted that you were looked after so well. I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a friend for two nights and got a very good deal including all meals and two spa treatments. We had a twin room of a good size. Plenty big enough for us. Room and bathroom very clean, the only negative comment I can make is that the bathroom could do with an update as it is a little dated.
The food was excellent with a huge selection. My friend is a vegetarian and had a great choice to choose from. Our highest praise has to go to the waiting staff who were friendly and happy to help with any requests. A special mention to Alice, our waitress on our first night, and to Liam, the restaurant manager who had the measure of us and were happy to laugh and joke with us with makes for an all round happier experience.
The spa treatments we had were good and the spa facilities are ok given the small space they have.
The reception staff were helpful and friendly.
All in all I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear TheAdamsFamily,
Thank you for taking the time to note your comments. I'm delighted to read that you were looked after well; we aim to please! We hope to welcome you and your friend back again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton Common
Oxford Spires Hotel
Oxford Spires Hotel
#10 of 44 in Oxford
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,697 reviews

Been to The Oxford Belfry? Share your experiences!