“Very friendly staff. Lovely stay.”
Review of The Oxford Belfry

The Oxford Belfry
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Milton Common
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here with a friend for two nights and got a very good deal including all meals and two spa treatments. We had a twin room of a good size. Plenty big enough for us. Room and bathroom very clean, the only negative comment I can make is that the bathroom could do with an update as it is a little dated.
The food was excellent with a huge selection. My friend is a vegetarian and had a great choice to choose from. Our highest praise has to go to the waiting staff who were friendly and happy to help with any requests. A special mention to Alice, our waitress on our first night, and to Liam, the restaurant manager who had the measure of us and were happy to laugh and joke with us with makes for an all round happier experience.
The spa treatments we had were good and the spa facilities are ok given the small space they have.
The reception staff were helpful and friendly.
All in all I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
OBjwhite, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear TheAdamsFamily,
Thank you for taking the time to note your comments. I'm delighted to read that you were looked after well; we aim to please! We hope to welcome you and your friend back again soon!
Julian White

Write a ReviewReviews (1,794)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Yet another QHotel Success. OK its aimed at the buissness end of the market, with conference rooms etc, but is does it so well.
I have a suite in this hotel, being the far end of the hotel (with a great view, and Red Kites outside) the only downside was the waning Wifi signal, but this was mainly only in my main room and was good in my bedroom. The hotel is clean, with very helpful and friendly staff, the food is good, with a bar area style menu and a restaurant menu, depending on your mood. I did complain about the size of my Fish in the Bar menu and I received an immediate apology and the pate was whisked away and a more satisfactory plate full replaced in no time.
I was working in Oxford and found the location to be great, and I had a really good nights sleep, on both nights.
I did try to go to the Spa/Gym and found it too busy ... ok so it probably didnt take too much negative persuasion to cut straight to the bar rather than a gym. I would definitely be staying here again. You can always rely on QHotels for quality sleep, great service and food!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Dillbert,
Thank you for your kind comments; I am delighted that we provided everything you required for your stay whilst working in Oxford. As we're located outside the city itself, as you mention, a quiet night's sleep is guaranteed, yet we're near enough to easily go back again! We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

See my other review of the weekend. We were celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary and booked the hotel at short notice paying a small fortune for a large Suite with a bathroom, separate toilet and lounge area. It was excellent. the room was very lovely, overlooking a quiet beautiful garden. The bed large and comfortable and all spotless. Mini bar included int he room rate and papers delivered.

We went down to the little spa and pool which did the trick in the morning before breakfast. We did have to walk through the lounge to get to it so that was a worry, us in our white toweling robes and people looking up from their breakfast table.

The breakfast is buffet style and the waiter brings you tea and coffee. The breakfast was hot, very clean area, and very tasty. They had a wedding so it was a full house and it didn't phase any of the staff and the breakfast was plentiful for all. For the price I would recommend this hotel to anyone and in particular the catering. After a rubbish experience at Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons it was such a relief to get what you are expecting at a decent price.

1  Thank collyb

Dear collyb,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review; I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you at short notice and that we offered everything you needed in order to enjoy and celebrate your special occasion.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

From the warm welcome at reception to friendly maid service we couldn't fault our stay. All areas were clean and tidy and the changing rooms for the pool were the best we have experienced. Excellent pool and sauna. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from reception or go for an upgrade.

Dear Ian O,
Excellent, I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back!
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a 2-night dinner, bed and breakfast package thanks to the QHotels Breakaway Club that was really good value. Dinner on the first night was much better than the second, for me, although my companion was content with his meals. Staff tried hard, and we had a larger than average room with everything we needed. It was a bit gloomy though due to the position of the window. Our 'complimentary' newspapers had to be taken off the bill at checkout. We used the spa and gym, pleased with both. All in all, a relaxing and pleasant stay at a hotel we would be happy to revisit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear snailrunner,
I am pleased to read that you had a relaxing stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I are just back from a 3 night stay (our first at this particular Q hotel). All the staff we encountered were very professional, friendly & helpful. Check in was efficient and upon learning that we planned to go into Oxford over the weekend, the receptionist was very helpful giving us details of times & fares of the nearest park and ride and a map of the city centre, marking out the route that the bus would take.

Our room, at the back of the hotel was clean, spacious, & with a good size bathroom. It was very quiet and peaceful enabling us to sleep well.

We dined in the restaurant on Friday & Saturday evening and were impressed with the choices on the menu for the inclusive tariff. We were pleasantly surprised to see that Saturday's Menu differed slightly from Friday's one (usually they are the same on both evenings at other Q hotels we have stayed in). The food was delicious, nicely presented and the portion sizes were very good indeed.

Breakfasts on all 3 days were lovely, in plentiful supply and there were plenty of staff on duty to keep up with the demand.

Checkout was smooth and efficient and we will certainly book this hotel again the next time we are in the area.

1  Thank NorthamptonRicho

Dear NorthamptonRicho,
Excellent review, thank you! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon. We have some fantastic breaks available for the Summer months, so do take a look at the website.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good location easy to find and large car parks, excellent rooms and facilities, good choice of food for our group and well managed timings. Effecient service, comfortable beds and great bathrooms.
Breakfast was a little ordinary.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the spa it is well run, some sooms have been refurb'd and are excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lynne S,
Thank you for your feed back; I am pleased to read that we offered everything you required during your training conference and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton Common
#7 of 44 in Oxford
Ramada Oxford
Ramada Oxford
#26 of 44 in Oxford

Been to The Oxford Belfry? Share your experiences!