“Hen night fun”
Review of The Oxford Belfry

The Oxford Belfry
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Milton Common
Reviewed March 3, 2013

A group of us stayed here last night on a hen night/spa package. The beauty treatment was excellent, although the pool area got very crowded. Food was a really good standard, better than another hotel in this chain I have stayed at. Staff pleasant and polite. Room was attractive with very large bathroom. All in all would recommend, although not a place for a quiet stay, lots going on!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
OBjwhite, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear scalliepallie,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your hen party here; we have some great spa breaks that make us perfect for hen parties or similar to really get away from it all and have some fun! Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had a weekend stay at The Oxford Belfry. I thought the pool and spa area was really nice and a real plus. Our bedroom was very spacious and comfy, and the breakfast very good too.
If you are looking for a quality hotel near Oxford but in a quiet, countryside location then The Belfry would be ideal. I would definitely stay again if visiting the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Debbiedoodle1,
That is exactly what makes us such a great place to stay - near to the beautiful city of Oxford, but offering the quiet of the countryside. Thank you for your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Very enjoyable stay at this 4 star hotel with friendly professional staff, excellent food and comfortable room. If staying here we strongly recommend utilising the park and ride ( £4.50 for a couple) as parking in the city starts around £2.50 an hour!

Room Tip: If you get a back view window you will see red kites in full flow!
1  Thank Pete S

Dear Pete S,
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your short break with us; thank you for your comments. We recommend to all our guests to use the park and ride as it makes life so much easier when visiting the city of Oxford. Glad to read you spied the red kites, though we have so many that you can't miss this most beautiful of sights.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed at the Oxford belfry with friends, found the staff very friendly and efficient and they could not do enough to make your stay stress free. We dined in the restaurant the staff were attentive and extremely pleasant and the food was very high quality. We throughly enjoyed our stay and will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bernard A

Dear Bernard A
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review; I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and will return! I look forward to it.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at the Oxford Belfry this Monday with some friends and can honestly say it was the best hotel I've visited for years.

The room was great and nicely decorated and the hotel has superb facilities. The food was excellent and the staff were so attentive and friendly it was a joy to stay here.

This hotel is excellent and I highly recommend it, I will be back for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Scoobydoodle1
What praise! Thank you so much for your kind comments; I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We really enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Oxford Belfy. A hotel much used by conferences as it is so easy to find from the motorway. Reception was very good, staff friendly and keen to help. A bit of a trek through long corridors to find the room, but it was very clean, of good size and nice bathroom. Some bathrooms have seperate showers and baths but our shower was over the bath. No matter as it performed well. Food was very good, both the evening meal and breakfast. Can recommend with confidence.

Dear SkipperP
Thank you for your comments; I am pleased to read that you had a good weekend with us and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I have just returned home from the Oxford belfry and I wish I was still there. We had a lovely room on the ground floor with patio doors leading into the garden. The room was beautifully furnished and the bathroom was stunning. Huge bath and massive separate walk in shower. Everything looked very new and was spotlessly clean. I hugely appreciated a separate vanity area with proper hair drier, good lighting and mirrors. We stay in many hotels and I usually find they cater for the business man and I generally have to get ready in the bathroom. it was a luxury to feel the hotel had considered the needs of women. Plenty hot water and lovely towels and toiletries. Comfy bed. We ate in the restaurant two nights and the food was lovely. The breakfasts was amazing, my only regret is the shared jam pots. i never like eating from these communal pots as you never know how fresh they are. The staff in this hotel are very helpful and the service we experienced was excellent. We have stayed here four times now and it is always a relaxing break. My only gripe would be the pillows are very hard but knowing the staff if I had remembered to ask them to change them, I'm sure it would have been done instantly. You do need a car if you stay here. We used the park and ride to go to oxford but you need a car to get there but it is a rural location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
OBjwhite, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Jules T38,
Many thanks for taking the time to write your comments; I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us again and I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton Common
#8 of 44 in Oxford
Jurys Inn Oxford
Jurys Inn Oxford
#7 of 44 in Oxford

Been to The Oxford Belfry? Share your experiences!