“Highly recommended hotel with great staff, simply fantastic.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Oxford Belfry

The Oxford Belfry
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Milton Common
“Highly recommended hotel with great staff, simply fantastic.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at the Oxford Belfry this Monday with some friends and can honestly say it was the best hotel I've visited for years.

The room was great and nicely decorated and the hotel has superb facilities. The food was excellent and the staff were so attentive and friendly it was a joy to stay here.

This hotel is excellent and I highly recommend it, I will be back for sure.

• Stayed February 2013
OBjwhite, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Scoobydoodle1
What praise! Thank you so much for your kind comments; I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Julian White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
Kent
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We really enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Oxford Belfy. A hotel much used by conferences as it is so easy to find from the motorway. Reception was very good, staff friendly and keen to help. A bit of a trek through long corridors to find the room, but it was very clean, of good size and nice bathroom. Some bathrooms have seperate showers and baths but our shower was over the bath. No matter as it performed well. Food was very good, both the evening meal and breakfast. Can recommend with confidence.

Dear SkipperP
Thank you for your comments; I am pleased to read that you had a good weekend with us and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Durham
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I have just returned home from the Oxford belfry and I wish I was still there. We had a lovely room on the ground floor with patio doors leading into the garden. The room was beautifully furnished and the bathroom was stunning. Huge bath and massive separate walk in shower. Everything looked very new and was spotlessly clean. I hugely appreciated a separate vanity area with proper hair drier, good lighting and mirrors. We stay in many hotels and I usually find they cater for the business man and I generally have to get ready in the bathroom. it was a luxury to feel the hotel had considered the needs of women. Plenty hot water and lovely towels and toiletries. Comfy bed. We ate in the restaurant two nights and the food was lovely. The breakfasts was amazing, my only regret is the shared jam pots. i never like eating from these communal pots as you never know how fresh they are. The staff in this hotel are very helpful and the service we experienced was excellent. We have stayed here four times now and it is always a relaxing break. My only gripe would be the pillows are very hard but knowing the staff if I had remembered to ask them to change them, I'm sure it would have been done instantly. You do need a car if you stay here. We used the park and ride to go to oxford but you need a car to get there but it is a rural location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
OBjwhite, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Jules T38,
Many thanks for taking the time to write your comments; I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us again and I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Room and service was fine, but what spoiled a sucessful business conference was the constant smell from the toliets adjacent to the conference and meeting rooms due to the poor ventilation. I'm afraid the hotel know this is an issue (lots of plugged in air fresheneners) but that does not resolve the fundamental ventilation issue.
I would not recommned this venue to anyone for a conference until the toliets, which are also too small for the facility are completely sorted out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Trek2k
OBjwhite, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear P_Gower,
Thank you for your comments. I would like to assure you that the issue you describe has been addressed by our Maintenance Manager; I am afraid that a cracked pipe was the culprit and I am sorry that this marred your visit to us.
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

An excellent hotel, very friendly and helpful staff. Room clean and well equipped. Excellent views from window. We were on the top floor and finding your way around the hotel wasn't easy as hotel is made up of several joined buildings. There were signs although some don't have all the places you needed. The breakfast was excellent but if you were from abroad it would have been helpful to have the good selection of juices and jams labelled. Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Try and get the top floor great views.
Dear Paul L,
Thank you for your comments; I'm glad to read that your enjoyed your stay with us and the countryside views from your bedroom on the top floor. I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel was welcoming with reception staff offering information about the area and alternative places to eat.
The room was spacious and clean with a good dressing table area and hair drier
Lots of hot water
Restaurant food was lovely and reasonably priced
Excellent breakfast
Only disappointment was the pool was cold the pumps had broken down when booking a Hotel we look for a pool !!

Dear Sandra P,
Thank you for your review; I am sorry that the there was a temperature issue with the pool during the time of your stay, but pleased that you found our other facilities met your expectations. I hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2013

A really great hotel, our 5th stay here. Join Breakaway Club lifetime membership for one off fee of £20 & it gives you loads of offers. Really great hotel with the best service around. The food is excellent with a huge variety at breakfast & extensive dinner menu - something for everyone. The rooms are modern & well appointed. Go for the executive suites if you can.

• Stayed February 2013
OBjwhite, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear jorussell2,
I am delighted that you keep coming back to us and continue to enjoy your stays with us! Thank you so much for your comments and I hope to welcome you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton Common
Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons
Oxford Spires Hotel
Oxford Spires Hotel
#11 of 44 in Oxford

Been to The Oxford Belfry? Share your experiences!