I had booked the tranquility spa package and had expected high standards having seen pictures on the website. I sent an email to the hotel following the telephone booking but received a response. Upon arrival we were informed that a booking hand not been made and given that we driven from london we we clearly disappointed. We were told that someone had blocked treatments for 2 hours but nothing else. It was assumed that whoever booked this had intended this booking to be for us and so we were offered a 45 minute treatment instead of the 4 treatments we were expecting.
I was however very pleased with the massage. The treatment rooms were relaxing but there were too few treatment rooms for any real group package.
The facilities were very basic and I had expected them to be better for the price paid. The swimming area, sauna and steam room were very basic and the changing rooms were simple, as if you were at a normal gym instead a luxury hotel.
We had lunch at the restaurant and paid £18. The food choice was limited and there was nothing special about the food. The price of the food was too expensive as the quality of food was standard. However the dessert menu was more impressive and more enjoyable.
We had intended to stay overnight but were happy that we decided against this. There is nothing surrounding the hotel apart from tr golf course and we are not keen on the golf. The spa facilities are also not enough I keep you entertained for more than half a day.
During our half day the spa there was not enough staff. We were in a rush to visit Oxford at the of the day but had to wait for 20 minutes to make payment as no was was at the reception. We were required to call the main reception who had to find an employee to assist.
Overall my experience was poor. The spa did not respond to my email prior to booking and there as no conformation I booking. although the spa had tried to fit us in there was no subsequent client care. I will not be returning and would not recommend this for a spa day/retreat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oxfordshire's hotel & Spa offers 50 en-suite contemporary guest rooms, 6 flexible conference rooms, accommodating from 4 to 190 guests, the new Sakura restaurant, luxury Tempus health & fitness spa and an 18-hole championship golf course. Located just outside the vibrant historic, university town of Oxford, the hotel is perfectly located for a city break, golf weekend, business or private event and being just off junction 7 of the M40, it is easily accessible from all major airports and local rail links. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your The Oxfordshire Golf Club & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oxfordshire Golf Club Hotel Milton Common
- The Oxfordshire Golf Club And Hotel