Stayed recently with my wife and another couple (boys golf/girls spa).
This course has long been on my list of courses to play, having regularly played Dale Hill and Chart Hills (from the same Leaderboard group) which are both excellent too. The golf course was in excellent condition, fairways lush and the greens not only looked good but putted well. It seems its always windy there, so a few challenging shots into the wind. As others have said holes 8, 11 and 17 are pretty spectacular with lots of water in play. First time we've played there and would love to go again. Very enjoyable resort course with generous fairways and with the exception of the water not too much trouble (unless very wayward!).
Also appreciated our tee time being brought forward before a large society went out.
The girls enjoyed their treatments but felt that calling a small pool, hot much and steam room a spa was a little ambitious.
Our room was plenty big enough, bed was comfortable and we had a partial view of the field. The bathroom was big enough with a large walk in shower and separate bath. There were some marks on a couple of walls but nothing to get excited about and over all found the room comfortable. Clearly would need to tidy up if they wanted to push for being a 5 star resort.
We stayed on a DBB basis and enjoyed the dinner at the Sakura restaurant. My wife had decided she wanted creme brulee for dessert from the main menu and the waiter kindly obliged. Excellent service.
Over all a very enjoyable break and recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oxfordshire's hotel & Spa offers 50 en-suite contemporary guest rooms, 6 flexible conference rooms, accommodating from 4 to 190 guests, the new Sakura restaurant, luxury Tempus health & fitness spa and an 18-hole championship golf course. Located just outside the vibrant historic, university town of Oxford, the hotel is perfectly located for a city break, golf weekend, business or private event and being just off junction 7 of the M40, it is easily accessible from all major airports and local rail links. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Oxfordshire Golf Club & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oxfordshire Golf Club Hotel Milton Common
- The Oxfordshire Golf Club And Hotel