This is a lovely new hotel ideally placed for visiting Oxford and the surrounding area - all very picturesque. The restaurant and bar food are good, and the staff go out of their way to help - Rachel (food and beverage) and William (bar) in particular.
Having booked in advance and asked for a good room as the break was a birthday celebration, we were surprised to pull back the curtains and find a huge earth mound immediately in front of the balcony. There was no way the balcony could be used as intended, which was a shame as it was the best weather of the year so far. On checking with Reception, we were advised that all the rooms were the same, as the GolfClub had been built some years before the hotel, and landscaping would take place in the future. Would not want to stay in the summer, as imagine the earthmound could make the rooms feel rather oppressive. Apart from that, would highly recommend the hotel, but perhaps wait until the landscaping is complete if you want a nice view
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oxfordshire's hotel & Spa offers 50 en-suite contemporary guest rooms, 6 flexible conference rooms, accommodating from 4 to 190 guests, the new Sakura restaurant, luxury Tempus health & fitness spa and an 18-hole championship golf course. Located just outside the vibrant historic, university town of Oxford, the hotel is perfectly located for a city break, golf weekend, business or private event and being just off junction 7 of the M40, it is easily accessible from all major airports and local rail links. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Oxfordshire Golf Club & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oxfordshire Golf Club Hotel Milton Common
- The Oxfordshire Golf Club And Hotel