Mill House Hotel
The Fox(Chipping Norton)(Great Value!)
$106
Wyck Hill House Hotel & Spa(Stow-on-the-Wold)
$196
$151
  • Breakfast included
Crown and Cushion Hotel(Chipping Norton)
$67
$61
  • Breakfast included
The Lamb Inn(Shipton under Wychwood)(Great Value!)
$140
$136
Sheep on Sheep Street(Stow-on-the-Wold)(Great Value!)
$196
Stag Lodge(Stow-on-the-Wold)
$112
The Old Stocks Inn(Stow-on-the-Wold)
$178
Stow Lodge Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
$146
The Unicorn Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
$109
All reviewsnew ownerscream tealovely hotelthe ground floorbar areabeautiful groundscooked breakfastexcellent foodset menulooked lovelywinter breaklovely settinghigh standardboth nightspeaceful locationlog fireexploring the cotswolds
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just back from a one night stay at this hotel via a travel zoo offer. Had great ease of booking and several emails before from reception to check for reservation time of evening dinner. On arrival at the car park you know you have booked somewhere rather lovely and relaxing. Gardens, big car park with loads of space and huge big windows overlooking the view. Public spaces took the form of cosy bar area with lovely big open fire, a big bright casual sitting room and beautifully laid restaurant with starched table coths and napkins. The food was excellent although I would say not a huge choice, about 5 choices for each course but even for me as a fussy eater I was happy. Portions for main course may disappoint the large eater (I was expecting a dish of vegetables) but the quality makes up for it. You can also have food in the bar but I didn't look at the menu as had dinner included. Breakfast was cooked to order and arrived piping hot, again giving you that feeling of real luxury.
Bedroom great size plenty of space, large windows overlooking the view, tea and coffee facilities even biscuits! A very lovely night away and came home feeling very relaxed. A special mention has to go to the guy in the bar and the waitress in the restaurnant so friendly and warm yet so professional.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank holidayqueenBristol
Becky L, Marketing Manager at Mill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review of the Mill House. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to the staff you mention, they will be most pleased!
I do hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay. The staff are particularly welcoming, the location excellent, and the restaurant and bar are fantastic! I'd recommend staying in this hotel if you want to experience Kingham. The view out of the window in my room was especially beautiful. I was really pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J P
Becky L, Marketing Manager at Mill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Mill House. I'm delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us and we do hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here a couple of nights in late January. Bad weather, thick snow, but that didn't spoil our enjoyment of the hotel and walking in the surrounding countryside. Staff really helpful and friendly. Food was very good and the service excellent: as well as breakfast we had dinner in the hotel both nights. Cream tea on arrival, lovely scones. Lovely log fire in the bar area. Some refurbishment/building work in progress but no impact on our stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Becky L, Marketing Manager at Mill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review of the Mill House. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the building works were not disturbing for you. This is very nice to hear as these have always been our intentions to have little disruption to guests. The work is actually almost finished so I do hope you will come back to see our new bar area.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had an excellent weekend break at the Mill via Travel Zoo. Accommodation was relaxing and cosy, for me the real fire was definitely a bonus. Staff couldn't do enough for you. Food excellent. Atmosphere was wonderful. What more can I say.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor to avoid noise of people in rooms above.
1  Thank KLE2012
Becky L, Marketing Manager at Mill House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you so much for writing a lovely review of the Mill House. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our log fire is a beautiful feature which we are most proud of, and it this time of year it is getting plenty of use!

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was our first visit to the Mill House and we were not disappointed. As soon as we arrived we were made to feel welcome, we enjoyed a scrumptious cream tea with champagne. Our room was spacious and delightful. We ate both evenings in the restaurant and our meals were superb. Its an excellent location for all the main areas around Stow. The staff in the restaurant were fun and friendly and always with a helpful attitude. We'll be happy to return for another visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review of the Mill House. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I have to agree with you, our Cotswold Cream Teas are rather lovely!

We do hope you will stay with us again in the future.