“Home from home in the Cotswolds”
Review of Moat End B&B

Moat End B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kingham
Moat End B&B
Ranked #4 of 5 Kingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We recently stayed at Moat End following the positive reviews on tripadvisor and were not disaapointed.
The location was excellent, the breakfasts (made to order) were some of the best I've ever had and the hosts were very friendly and helpful.
We will definately be returning on my next visit to the Cotswolds.
Bob & Eileen
Leicester

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BarnsleyBob
There are newer reviews for Moat End B&B

Reviewed August 22, 2010

I picked this spot at random so as to be near the railway for a trip into Oxford and couldn`t have chosen better. I was welcomed with tea in the lounge and made to feel very welcome in my comfortable room with power shower. I loved its country setting - the ponies, the peaceful village, and especially the local bus that took me direct to the station and met the train on my return. The breakfast was superb - everything fresh and an excellent choice. I can recommend the yoghurt and fresh fruit.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My Husband and I spent two nights at Moat End. We were given a very warm welcome and on arrival the offer of tea/coffee-which was set out in the garden for us was very much appreciated! The very pretty double room including "power shower" had everything you needed for a very peaceful quiet stay. Michael & Gwyn were very friendly and helpful, breakfasts very good, but forgot to mention to them that the mini fridge/cooler in room didnt get/stay very cool! Overall would certainly recommend this.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2010

My wife and I stayed three nights. We had the double room with powershower and fancy sprays - you need a driving licence to work the thing but our hosts gave us good instructions. We really enjoyed the helpfulness of the owners. Michael carried our bags up to our room - maybe we looked tired after our long cross-country journey. The room has many nice touches, with fresh flowers as well as sitting area. If you are tall, you might bang your head on the sloping ceiling - but it was lovely lying in bed looking up through the Velux ceiling windows at the sky and clouds and listening to the many birds. It really was a restful and welcoming place. Breakfast was fine,too. The place is a touch tricky to find, up a cul-de-sac, called the Moat. It is well worth a 5-star rating.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Just returned from a weekend at Moat End and had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. Excellent hospitality from the hosts with clean, well appointed rooms and a superb breakfast. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Very friendly couple and a very well run B&B, good cleanliness and well maintained, nicely decorated. Great breakfast, careful about ticking all the choices, you will be full!. Handy gastro-pubs within walking distance in the lovely village itself. We had the smaller double room, (we had been clearly advised it was smaller), and it was cosy and perfectly ok, the sloping ceiling makes it somewhat difficult to get to one side of the bed, so you have to really get on and shuffle across. We were perfectly fine with that though. The shower room was also fine, you could fit two in the shower (apparently), and it has a pump so plenty of force if you want it. There is a large comfortable sitting room for guests use as well with a large wood burner for the colder months.

All in all, clean, charming and well run, I would recommend it as a happy customer

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2009

We stayed in this B&B becaue we had friends staying near by. The owners were very helpful. They provided me with a list of taxi numbers and when I got stuck in traffic on the way and phoned to say I was going to be late they even tried to help with a diversion!
The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. There was even a choice of 6 different types of sausage.
The only downside was that we had booked a twin room as the double was already booked. I had assumed that the beds would be next to each other but in fact they were one in front of another down the long thin room. Not exactly romantic!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingham
The Fox
#1 of 2 in Kingham
The King's Head Inn
The King's Head Inn
#1 of 2 in Bledington

Been to Moat End B&B? Share your experiences!