I stayed at the Old Crown in Faringdon for 6 days in June 2013. It's a great place, full of history, quirky nooks and crannies and spooky stories! The rooms are very comfortable, and in keeping with the style of the place, but with creature comforts added. It's a fab location, right in the heart of Faringdon, and I felt comfortable about parking in their car park, as it is at the rear of the building. I also noticed that there is a bus stop right at the front, so presume it has good connections this way too.
The staff were friendly and attentive, and helpful with local info. The food was lovely, I'd recommend eating there even if you are not staying, and the local pub crowd were friendly too.
A top-notch, one of a kind building with good food, drink and good service - what's not to love?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 16th century coaching inn arranged around a cobbled courtyard. Rustic bar at the front of the property with open fire and real ales. Courtyard lounge serves breakfast and coffee each morning. Carvery every Sunday lunch time ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Old Crown Coaching Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Crown Coaching Hotel Faringdon
- Old Crown Coaching Inn Faringdon, England - Oxfordshire