My wife and daughter and grandchildren sayed for one night at this hotel, in February 2013, the hotel was easy to find and had ample parking at the rear.
There was no staff on reception and it was a barman who booked us in and showed us to our rooms, very strange.
However he was polite and helpful, the two rooms we had were very clean and warm, with comfy beds, both rooms were quiet.
Our room, room number 7 had a rather outdated tv and dogital box as did our daughters room, reception on the tv's was not great.
Breakfast was ok food was warm and staff friendly.
Not a lot more to say except that the main room lights in our room kept turning themselves off and sometimes refused to come on for a while, reported it but nothing was done about it.
also no phone in the room or contact number for reception, but not any point becasue no one was there.
Also the car park, yes it had plenty of spaces and was safe but when checking my car next morning i noticed that there were a large number of 4 inch screws strewn about the place, as though they had been dropped !!!
As I said in the title..good for the price
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 16th century coaching inn arranged around a cobbled courtyard. Rustic bar at the front of the property with open fire and real ales. Courtyard lounge serves breakfast and coffee each morning. Carvery every Sunday lunch time ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Old Crown Coaching Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Crown Coaching Hotel Faringdon
- Old Crown Coaching Inn Faringdon, England - Oxfordshire