“Excellent Curry”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great Indian cuisine in a friendly atmosphere, can't beat it. The food was very tasty and the staff efficient and friendly. Defiantly recommend curry lovers to this restaurant.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Visited the Viceroy with a group of female friends on Weds 24/10/12. Lovely popadoms on arrival with plenty of dips to accompany them. My starter of onion bhajis was nice, crispy bhajis and a nice size portion. I ordered the lamb biryani for my main course and asked Jasmine to serve it with a medium heat as sometimes they can be a bit bland and it was absolutely spot on for me. Lots of tender lamb and the accompanying veggie curry was great, really enjoyed it. The waiters were all very friendly and attentive. I do find the decor a bit 'tired', as others have mentioned on Trip Advisor, but I do like the restaurant layout (not just a square room with tables on top of each other). I didn't realise until last night that they do special £11.95 nights or £9.95 Sundays, I shall definitely be back for more with the family, and no doubt, with the girls again!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I ate here with frends and the waiter was a little surly, especially when one of our group ordered in Hindi. Another friend had a jalfrezi brought to the table that I consider hotter than any phall I've tried. All the same, it was funny and we look back and smile. After our meal, I was saddened that the waiter had never heard of masala chai, let alone serve it.. it all seemed a bit too English and not enough tandoori.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

First impressions, the restaurant is a little dark and tatty looking but we were seated in a quiet corner next to the bar which benefits from a little more light.

We were served promptly, the popadoms were really good and served with huge portions of dips, after ordering the food arrived in abundance and everything tasted really good.

Although the food was pretty good overall we left with a feeling that a few little points did take the edge off this being a great experience. Firstly, the coke was flat and quite expensive as it was only a very small glass. As we were sitting next to the bar we did see it poured from a 2ltr bottle, which might have been why it tasted slightly off. Also, as we were next to the bar some of the staff did tent to pass glasses over our heads or to stack on the bar which wasn't great.

We finished the meal too full for dessert, but looking forward to some lovely Indian tea, sadly this wasn't on the menu, English teas only.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I am grateful to my friend for taking us to this Indian Restaurant in this small town.

Starting with a warm greeting, a good range of dishes, extremely vegetarian friendly too. The lady that owns/works there is really helpful, why not ask her what she recommends?

The food was very reasonably priced and extremely tasty. The portions are very generous and if we were not travelling on the next day we would have definitely taken the rest home.

I would say that this is one of the best Indian Restaurants I have been in (in the UK)

Enjoy!