“Disappointing”

Description: Multi Award Winning Indian and Thai Cuisine
wiltshire
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Decided to eat here as a change from our usual Indian as I had heard good reports about amazing food. While nothing in particular was wrong with the dishes it certainly wasn't as I was anticipating and feel it didn't live up to the hype or the prices that are certainly above average, didn't feel the staff were very welcoming either and our visit was cut short after a less than enjoyable evening.

• Visited May 2013
Asad A, Owner at The Snooty Mehmaan, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you, for your comments which are much appreciated and will no doubt help us to improve on areas where there is a problem or change our strategy to ensure you as guests have a enjoyable time whilst dining with us.

Please accept our apologies for the disappointing visit you had, but hope that we have another opportunity to make your visit much better and enjoyable.

somerset uk
“Good 'hot' food & good service”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We dropped in on our way home, on a Monday night. The atmosphere was convivial and relaxing (as previously). The food was lovely and the portions, generous, although my tandoori chicken was hotter than I have ever had it before!
The sun was shining again... it always seems to be sunny here!

• Visited April 2013
Asad A, Owner at The Snooty Mehmaan, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you, for your comments.
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Upmarket & Modern”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We ate here on a Friday night and booking would be recommended. It was nice and busy! Food was very good, if not a little too sweet for our tastes (both dishes), but the service was good and classy. Starters were good too (recommend the Chicken Pakora) and the decor was superb and very clean and well maintained. They run a Taxi service too which I would highly recommend as it was cheaper by some £ 2.00 than a local firm who dropped us there, and the Manager himself drove us back.. nice personal touch.

Visited April 2013
“Spoilt for choice with the Indian & Thai menus”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The worst thing about going to The Snooty Mehmaan is trying to decide whether I should go for a Thai or Indian meal. On our latest visit, my wife stuck to the Thai (as she has every visit), but I could not hold my reserve; my olfactory senses were overwhelmed by a gorgeous blend of turmeric, cardamom, coriander, cumin, and fenugreek and I could not resist - despite having had a delicious Indian meal on the previous evening!

Ah well - I guess I'll just have to go again for my Thai meal. :)

• Visited April 2013
“Pot of old leftovers?”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I visited The Snooty Mehmaan for a birthday meal with some friends. As my birthday fell on a Sunday we decided to go for a meal and the Sunday buffet seemed a good shout. After reading various things about awards chefs here had won I thought it was going to be a top meal. I was extremely disappointed. No joke what I ate at the buffet that day was possibly some of the worst curry I have ever eaten. No real distinguishing flavour or quality. Just tasted like the weeks left overs had been reheated in a pot. I do not recommend the Sunday buffet!

• Visited February 2013