“Upmarket & Modern”

Description: Multi Award Winning Indian and Thai Cuisine
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Upmarket & Modern”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We ate here on a Friday night and booking would be recommended. It was nice and busy! Food was very good, if not a little too sweet for our tastes (both dishes), but the service was good and classy. Starters were good too (recommend the Chicken Pakora) and the decor was superb and very clean and well maintained. They run a Taxi service too which I would highly recommend as it was cheaper by some £ 2.00 than a local firm who dropped us there, and the Manager himself drove us back.. nice personal touch.

Visited April 2013

“Spoilt for choice with the Indian & Thai menus”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The worst thing about going to The Snooty Mehmaan is trying to decide whether I should go for a Thai or Indian meal. On our latest visit, my wife stuck to the Thai (as she has every visit), but I could not hold my reserve; my olfactory senses were overwhelmed by a gorgeous blend of turmeric, cardamom, coriander, cumin, and fenugreek and I could not resist - despite having had a delicious Indian meal on the previous evening!

Ah well - I guess I'll just have to go again for my Thai meal. :)

• Visited April 2013
“Pot of old leftovers?”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I visited The Snooty Mehmaan for a birthday meal with some friends. As my birthday fell on a Sunday we decided to go for a meal and the Sunday buffet seemed a good shout. After reading various things about awards chefs here had won I thought it was going to be a top meal. I was extremely disappointed. No joke what I ate at the buffet that day was possibly some of the worst curry I have ever eaten. No real distinguishing flavour or quality. Just tasted like the weeks left overs had been reheated in a pot. I do not recommend the Sunday buffet!

• Visited February 2013
“Posh Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We tried this for our anniversary dinner. This place used to be a pub called the Snooty Fox so I'm told. The decor is quite nicely done - no elephants or gold flocked wallpaper! The quality of the ingredients in our food was very good - this was particularly noticeable with the lamb kebab. Despite this, I somehow wasn't really 'wowed' by the dishes that we happened to choose, although there wasn't actually anything wrong with them! I feel the same way about the service - I can't really put my finger on why I wasn't comfortable with it - no one was rude or less than attentive. I'm not sure if I would go again. I'm not dead against it and if we had visitors that wanted to try a posh Indian I'd be happy enough to accompany them, but I don't think I would go out of my way.

• Visited March 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Excellent Night Out”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Nice Dual Restaurant Indian & Thai, not the best of both we had but nice décor atmosphere and a pleasant night out there. Would definitely go back there again though it is a 20 mile trip there and back so have to count my Shandies! Took a pal out as a Thank You and as stated was a pleasant night out

• Visited November 2012