“Exceeded all expectations”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Wagon in the woods

Table and bench
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Table and bench
It's a bath!
BBq and campfire area
Enjoy a cosy, rest-filled retreat in rural Hampshire
Complementary milk, tea, coffee, sugar and a wagon wheel!
Inside flushing toilet
Retro outside but inside it's DAB!
Cutlery, plates, pans etc all you need to rustle up a feast!
The view of the hot tub and wagon while you dine on some flame grilled delights!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Toby k
“Exceeded all expectations”
Reviewed June 13, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Came here as a surprise 21st birthday treat for my girlfriend and was immediately wowed. It's even better in person than it is in pictures. The views. The hot tub.The fire pit. The craftsmanship and interior decoration.
The wagon In the woods , Although cosy and small it is not cramped in any way and offers plenty of space for relaxation. I will be recommending this place to all my friends and family so they can experience the quirky beauty and joy that we did.

Your age range 25-34
Management Response
Jun 13, 2017
Glad you had a great time Toby. The wagon is such a fun project she will keep getting better!!!
Devokees
Ocean View, Delaware
“A phenomenal place to stay and very unique!”
Reviewed April 14, 2017 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

I can't say enough good things about the Wagon in the woods. It is such a beautiful place! I was able to take some fantastic photos of the landscape here. I also got to meet up with an old film making buddy with memories that will last forever! Ralph and his wife are the greatest! They are excellent hosts that go above and beyond and were very helpful!

I am very impressed with the Wagon and it's lay out as Ralph designed and built this from scratch! It is very secluded and private. The wagon was stocked with fresh milk, tea and coffee and also included wagon wheel candies.

The hot tub is amazing and unique, and the grill for cooking outside was absolutely amazing and cooked my meal to perfection! It just blows my mind how awesome this place is!

I recommend it to anyone and everyone, and I will definitely be back again!

oldbid
england
“A very special place!”
Reviewed March 15, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

So difficult to find something to say in praise of it that other guests have not already said! I booked this as a surprise birthday treat for my husband and we both loved and enjoyed every minute we spent there! It is a special place with so many thoughtful and wonderfully quirky touches, quite unique, romantic and so cosy and warm. A special place indeed.
Ralph is a great host and so helpful too in keeping it all a surprise until we actually walked down the path and arrived at the wagon.
We were lucky enough to enjoy a glorious sunrise through the wagon window in the morning, all the lovely birdsong, including owls in the evening and a bit of stargazing
in the hot tub too. A March hare even put in an appearance too!
Thank you Ralph and Lucy for creating such a lovely place to stay.

Reviewed February 18, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Rebecca S
“What a wonderful place”
Reviewed January 2, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

I surprised my boyfriend for his birthday with a night here. Ralph (the host) was fantastic and showed us around and got the hot tub going - which was the highlight, you have to do it to get the full experience!!! The wagon is comfy and perfectly heated for a cold and rainy night. Make sure to leave the curtains open to be woken up by the most amazing sunrise I have seen in a long time. Would 100% recommend a trip here.

AnnaV1985
“Perfection ”
Reviewed November 14, 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

Booked as a surprise night away for my partners birthday and I'm so pleased I found this place it's completely perfect! The wagon is so beautifully made and the layout is so clever, all the little touches add to its charm. The view is incredible and sitting in a steaming hot tub in November and watching the stars while not being cold is an incredible experience!

Ralph and his parents were so lovely and very helpful, providing extra wood and taking the time to show us around and answer any questions we had. There is a wagon manual which is full of helpful info, from how to work the little oven through to some recommendations of local pubs and some waking routes.

My partner said it was the best birthday present ever and we are already thinking about when to re-book!

Ben P
“Perfect”
Reviewed October 17, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed in the Wagon in the Woods the night after our wedding which was down the road. I was keen to stay in a smart hotel, with room service and a pool but my wife saw the wagon and loved it, so that's what we went for! It was absolutely great. So nice to be completely private tucked in the woods, Ralph had lit the stove and heated up the hot tub before we arrived and whilst we didn't use it that night, it was still perfectly warm the next morning and coffee in the tub looking out across the fields was a great start to the day. We brought some breakfast but tea, milk and coffee where all provided. All in all a fab escape, I highly recommend it.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing