“Excellent value will come again”

The King's Head Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Bledington B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I decided to stay at the Kings Head after I found their special offer on their website, what luck, I'm glad i browsed for the detail. The room was peaceful after deciding to stay on the extended building to the side of the pub. The staff were friendly and and service was always of high quality. Its location in the heart of the Cotswold's is to die for and I cant wait to come back.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for The King's Head Inn

Reviewed March 3, 2011

My Partner and i decided to try a samll tour of the Cotswolds, and found a delight in the Kings Head the sunday roast was a joy. With my pint of real ale which is obviuosly very well kept, and a good dinner with great service from the Kings Head staff we were overjoyed to see the famous Bledington ducks were by the brook which runs through the village. A great day out!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I booked a meal in the bar area for my husband and I with our two dogs. Whilst my food was nice my husbands beef was rare - not everyone likes meat bloody! to add insult it's was fatty and stringy! We told staff and they replaced but it but by the time it came back I had finished my meal, my husband had to ask for a knife and fork to eat his replacement meal with. Staff pleasant enough but need to be more welcoming especially upon reception - the girl just looked at me?........ What happened to meet n greet? I've had better welcome in a fast food chain or local chip shop!!! Think they have become complacent - it is not a dog friendly hotel either now as we did enquire about room rates and was told "no sorry our rooms have been carpeted now so no dogs allowed"

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Liggs18
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Friendly staff. Meals were excellent. Comfortable room. Great value for the money. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jack_fear
Reviewed February 3, 2011

We have stayed at The King's Head every January bar one for the past 10 years. (We once ventured dissapointingly to a a local alternative).
We believe it to be the best PUB/INN that we know and we speak as frequent travellers who dine in top restaurants on a regular basis and stay in 5* accomodation o'seas.

The ambience and feel of the pub is just right, allied to a wondrous setting on a quiet green in a small, tranquil village. Absolute picture perfect. But location is not all, the main bar is superb - excellently kept beers, interesting wines and a massive inglenook fireplace,( the smaller bar has a wood burner). The food is excellent with "real" meat and daily fresh fish available. The courtyard rooms are well designed, and decorated and provide a comfortable quiet night's sleep. Those not used to" country winters" ought to find the double radiators sufficient - though an additional electric rad is supplied too.

We find the service to be spot on - friendly and attentive, without being invasive and the owner Archie is a rightly popular local figure. As indicated, we have atayed all over the place and we find this our Number 1 !

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jamiemay
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We have eaten at The Kings Head many times and always had a lovely meal but we were there for Sunday Lunch recently and we were very dissapointed firstly with the service I do not want to go for lunch and order my food and drink at the bar when paying that amount of money and having to keep getting up from the table, and the food was very poor also, the reason we have gone there in the past was for the qaulity of the food and the service, obviously NOT ON A SUNDAY so a first and last visit on a Sunday.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 4, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here last week for a couple of days between Christmas and new year. What an excellent choice this turned out to be.  It's a bit tricky to find, even with sat nav and especially in the dark of winter. But any stress from our journey was soon forgotten once we arrived. Our room was excellent. So cosy and really warm. I'm normally dissapointed if there's no stand up shower, but it's so relaxing and peaceful at the kings head, a long soak after a long country walk is much more appealing. We ate in the bar both nights. Couples are seated side by side and the cute wooden high backed benched are dotted around the bar and although it can get quite busy, the open fire, candles and cosy atmosphere still make it feel very romantic and intimate. It really is as idyllic as you imagine the Cotswolds to be. Infact i'd go as far to say it is even better I'm real life. The owner had a real presence the days we were there. Don't know if that was just luck. He took the time to chat to us when we checked out. He genuinely was bothered to hear if we'd enjoyed our stay. I'm so gutted we didn't book an extra night. It was my first experience of the Cotswolds. I'll definitely be going back and I'll definitely be staying at the kings head inn.

• Stayed: December 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bledington
Wyck Hill House Hotel & Spa
Wyck Hill House Hotel & Spa
#4 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
White Hart Royal Hotel
White Hart Royal Hotel
#1 of 3 in Moreton-in-Marsh
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Restaurant
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Rest...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
#1 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
The Lamb Inn
The Lamb Inn
#2 of 8 in Burford

Been to The King's Head Inn? Share your experiences!