The King's Head Inn
Wyck Hill House Hotel & Spa(Stow-on-the-Wold)(Great Value!)
$160
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
$140
Sheep on Sheep Street(Stow-on-the-Wold)(Great Value!)
$158
$146
Agoda.com
The Unicorn Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
$228
$221
Travelocity
The Lamb Inn(Shipton under Wychwood)(Great Value!)
$168
$140
The Slaughters Manor House(Lower Slaughter)
$642
$221
Stag Lodge(Stow-on-the-Wold)
Hotels.com
The Old Stocks Inn(Stow-on-the-Wold)
TripAdvisor
Dial House Hotel(Bourton-on-the-Water)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe pubvillage greencourtyard roomhand heldlovely cotswoldinglenook fireplaceboth nightsselection of beersopen firelow ceilingskipperscomfortable roomsvaried menurisottolovely locationwine listshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2010

We've done this review based on staying here in one of the courtyard rooms. The room was a kingsize room which was £105 Inc breakfast a night. The room itself was nice but the bathroom was very small and tiles were not as clean as they could have been. The wallpaper was peeling off in a couple of places but the room was still nice and generally clean. The plumbing was the biggest issue as you could hear everyone in the building using water, great if you want to have a tinitus effect of constant buzzing the entire stay! It drove me so crazy I found myself on the verge of screaming at people to stop running water so I could have 5 minutes peace!
The pub itself is lovely, really beautiful location, lovely inside and good food with excellent service, my husband found the menu quite limiting though as was fairly samey As an example he does not eat cheese but the majority of the starters contained this.
This place could be a real gem if they could sort the plumbing out and just regrout and clean bathroom tiles and redecorate where wallpaper is peeling.

Reviewed April 25, 2010

I stayed with my husband for one night close to Easter, booking into a room in the Courtyard Annex, which was at the top end of the room prices at £125. We loved staying at the Kings Head Inn and especially enjoyed our delicious evening meal in the bar.

The room was a good size with stylish but traditional furnishings, cream carpet, floral curtains and matching bedhead and antique furniture. We had a great view of the village green and the fields from the window and it was very peaceful at night. The bathroom had classic fittings with limestone floor tiles and nice chrome fittings and the water was piping hot, although a bit of sound travelled through the walls. Only a couple of gripes that the room was showing some wear and tear with stains on the cream carpet and a couple of hooks missing from the curtains.The bed and pillows were very comfortable and we lounged around reading magazines & watching the flat screen TV in the wall.

We had a delicious meal in the bar area sat by the fire and it was all cooked to perfection and the menu proclaimed seasonal and locally produced ingredients. I'd happily eat there again, in fact I'd go out of my way if I was in the area. You need to book a table as it was busy with diners and most of the space was reserved for people eating, so not a lot of space if you were only drinking.

We borrowed walking maps from an excellent selection in reception and walked over to Stow in the Wold. This Inn is very well located for seeing many of the towns and stately homes of the Cotswold and would be a good base for a few days sightseeing. The immediate setting of the inn is very picturesque, on a large village green with small streams running through it, and surrounded by lovely old houses and fields.

Breakfast in the morning had a typical selection of good quality cereals juices, toast and cooked breakfast including kippers and eggs with smoked salmon, and was served in the dining room. We found the staff were helpful and professional but not especially warm and friendly.

Overall we'd highly recommend this as an ideal country pub to stay for a couple of nights, with stylish rooms and great food in a lovely country setting.

Read my full review with photos & video http://www.heatheronhertravels.com/kings-head-inn-bledington-review/

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Nice place, lovely little villige. Room was nice and clean but the slate floor was a little too cold for bare feet. Recepionist was unwelcoming but warmed up towards the end. Great food, steak was donw to perfection. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Stayed just one night here. Fantastic location. Really lovely accomadation with lots of little extras. Had a meal in the bar area. Superb food. Very helpful , friendly staff. Usual choices for breakfast. Would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2010

This was our first stay on Friday 12 February and we stayed overnight having had an evening meal.
The pub is sympathetically set out with a relaxed bar and restaurant - open fire etc. The evening meal was excellent and the service attentive and friendly. I would say the wine is on the expensive side (allowing for the usual x3 mark up for wine served in most similar establishments). In my view the list could be a little more expansive.
Our room was excellent in all respects - above the main bar - nice bed and view.
Breakfast - there is room for improvement here, in our view. Our impression was that breakfast was under-dataffed on Saturday morning (rooms full, I understand). Our coffee was cold by the time breakfast came - I would say the quality of the cooked breakfast was only average (particularly compared to the excellent meal the night before). The table on which the juices etc were laid out was very small with a limited choice of fruit etc - the juices were not topped up while we were there - empty jugs. It would be worth reviewing arrangements.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple