“Really lovely place!”
Review of The Kings Head Inn

The Kings Head Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Kings Head Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Bledington
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Really lovely stay in a beautiful setting. The court yard room was clean and comfortable, service was very good, nothing was too much trouble.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I took my business partner here for lunch, for her birthday. I booked via e-mail and I immediately got the impression that nothing was too much trouble, with replies to e-mails being very helpful and friendly.

The location of the pub is idyllic, being in a small Cotswold village. It's an impressive building both inside and out. On entering, we were made to feel very welcome and it was obvious once again that nothing was going to be too much trouble.

I had booked a table in the bar (as opposed to the restaurant) and it was very comfortable. The lunch menu is, to say the least, different! We are both quite adventurous eaters so choosing from the menu wasn't a problem but there is no fayre on there that maybe you would associate as being "usual pub food". This is a GOOD thing!

Our starters were very impressive, my friend choosing the pate and I opted for salted chilli squid with salad. Moving on to main courses, my friend chose Jacob's Ladder and I opted for the grey mullet. She was also enjoying washing her lunch down with voignier by the glass which she said was excellent!

We declined dessert due to the fact we were too full after starter and main course.

We both agreed (and did say to the very pleasant gentleman who was waiting on us) that this lunch was the best lunch we have ever eaten - anywhere!

Stunningly good food, terrific wine, excellent and friendly service, perfect location in a lovely, lovely building!

Recommended? YES - if you don't visit you are doing yourself a disservice!!!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Really lovely stay, clean, comfortable, ice position, food very good but menu could be a little more extensive. Next time would stay in one of the garden rooms.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Booked a table for the saturday night at the start of our holiday expecting it to be busy which it was,didn't matter though there was a good atmosphere and plenty of friendly staff we weren't kept waiting for food or service,was initially surprised at the menu expecting the usual choice of steaks,scampi,pie etc not the case,pigeon,mussels,venison burger not at all the usual fare which was good it pushed me to be a little braver in my choices.all our meals were well cooked and presented very enjoyable.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Had partridge , roasted vegetables which was supremely good, washed down with a Chilean merlot. Don't usually have puddings but had the tarte tatin, equally delicious . Wine list very impressive, one day would like the beef with a Margaux. My dinner partner had fish and chips, loved it so much she had the mussels and scallops for lunch the next day.