“what a welcome to the UK”

Premier Inn Abingdon Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Abingdon
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was our first visit to the UK, greeted by a lovely young lady called Cherry, she helped us plan our day trip to Oxford city, by providing bus times and directions, arranged for us to be located to the ground floor as we had a lot of luggage. When we saw her the following day she asked how our day trip was and genuinely seemed interested. On our departure we spoke to another lovely lady this time Nicky we think she was the manager, again very helpful and friendly. We didn't have any contact with any other staff, did see an older lady but did not speak to her.

The hotel its self is basic, but we could not fault the cleanliness, it was spotless. Great location with easy parking.

We never used the restaurant during our two night stay, so cannot comment.

Room Tip: This hotel is near a main road, and does not have a elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
AbingdonPI, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Abingdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Good evening,

Thank you for your 5 star review of your stay with us at Abingdon Premier Inn!

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found the rooms clean, and the location good for your needs.

All of our staff strive to deliver excellent service, and it’s great to hear that you found Cherry and Nikki helpful and friendly. Your comments have been passed onto all of the team.

Many thanks again for your comments; we hope to see you again if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The rooms in this Premier Inn seem larger than most. The beds are super comfortable and the whole room and en-suite were spotlessly clean. As usual, the staff were friendly and helpful without being "in your face". There is a Beefeater restaurant attached with the usual range of burgers, fish and chips etc. which are well cooked and served attractively plated.

We stayed on the road side of the building but noise levels were very low despite being opposite the police station.

Very good value especially if you get the room on offer. Location is excellent for access to Oxford or even for a run into London.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
AbingdonPI, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Abingdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Good morning, thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, found the location ideal for travel, the rooms clean and spacious, and the staff friendly. I’m glad that despite being close to the main road, you did not experience any noise issues during your stay.

It’s great to hear you also had a good experience in the Ock Mill Beefeater; your comments will be passed onto all the team.

Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent no frills place to stay that does exactly what it says on the tin with helpfully friendly staff.
Good clean room. Bar and good dining next door. Good breakfast.
Ideal place to stay when passing through or visiting family and / or friends.
Reccomended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
AbingdonPI, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Abingdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Good evening, thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

It’s great to hear you had an excellent stay with us, and that you found the staff friendly, and the rooms clean and comfortable. I’m also glad to hear you enjoyed a good breakfast and meal with us in the Beefeater restaurant.

Many thanks again for your review, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Good location, not too busy, ample parking (and it felt safe too being opposite the police station), leafy location right next to the river Ock. I rang ahead with my usual room request armed with info from trip advisor but they were already fully booked so my request couldn't be granted. Having said that, the noise from the road and police station was hardly noticeable and there was secondary glazing. I was, however, woken by heavy footfalls in the stairwell next door and the room above. (I always request a top floor, far end of corridor room away from lift/ stairwells and facing away from main road).. I notice the receptionist didn't mention the good night sleep guarantee! Downside... there is no lift or phones in the room and the TV was a bit small for the size of the room. Plus side... comfortable, peaceful location and the Beefeater restaurant is good too... friendly service and their fillet steak is the best!

Room Tip: ask for top floor, far end of corridor away from stairwell facing rear of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
AbingdonPI, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Abingdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I’m glad to hear you found our location to be good, however I am sorry that your room request was unavailable. We hope that all of our guests will have a peaceful night sleep, and Abingdon has recently had windows replaced in order to help stop sound from the main road, however I’m sorry that you found you experienced noise from the room above you. As Abingdon is a small Premier Inn, we can get booked up very quickly, meaning that unfortunately we are not always able to move you to a quieter room.

I’m glad you also had a good visit to the Beefeater restaurant, found the staff friendly and the food good. All of your comments will be passed onto the team.

Many thanks again for your review, and I hope that you will stay with Premier Inn again.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just wanted to say thank you to the staff for an excellent stay at this hotel.

I was there for one night and was travelling on business. I arrived and was checked in by a very friendly receptionist in the dark as there was some electrical work taking place. There were well meant apologies but to be honest it was really funny and added to the experience. On getting to the room, it was spotlessly clean with good facilities. T.V., Hairdryer, Tea & Coffee making facilities. It had already been a long day so I showered and lay on the bed for a while. OMG Comfortable is an understatement...

*coughs*

When I woke up (thankfully someone rang my mobile or I believe I would have slept straight through) I got ready and went to the Beefeater next door for dinner. This was also excellent and will do a separate review.

Later, I went back to the room climbed into the bed and fell asleep infront of the TV.

Thanks guys. Just what I needed when working away.

Room Tip: I was in room 10 and I thought it was perfect. :-)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Good afternoon, and thank you for your 5 star review!

It’s great to hear you enjoyed your first stay in a Premier Inn, and found staff to be very friendly (even in the dark!) and the rooms clean and comfortable with all you could need.

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to the Beefeater next door; all your comments will be passed onto the staff.

Many thanks again for your review, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My annual stay at this pleasant Premier Inn for the Air & Country Show and pleased to report it is up to its usual standard. Pleasant and friendly staff (lady on reception remembered me but then perhaps I have 'one of those faces'!), clean, comfortable room, excellent bed, good shower. I always ask for a ground floor room in advance so as not to have to lug kit upstairs and this was available on arrival.

Was called before my arrival to ask if I wanted to book a table for dinner. I did; the restaurant can get very popular. Food was good and reasonable value. Decent beer on tap.

Premier Inn have gone to offering breakfast from 07:00 at weekends (use to be 08:00) which is great as I often have to be on site by 08:00 but there was an issue on the Sunday I stayed (not sure what) and they were 20 mins late starting but we still made it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Good afternoon, and thank you for another great review of our hotel!

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed another stay with us, and found the standards to have remained high with friendly staff and clean rooms. It’s great to hear staff were able to help you with your room request, and booked you a table for the restaurant in advance, as it can get very busy in the evenings!

As you say, at the weekend breakfast is now served between 7 and 11am, which gives guests a chance to have an earlier breakfast if needed.

Many thanks again for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again for next years air show.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Never having stayed at a Premier Inn I was expecting the worst - tired rooms needing decorating, poor beds and staff with a bad attitude. I could not have been more wrong. The staff on reception where friendly and helpful. Extra towels arrived promptly and the room was spotlessly clean. OK the furnishing were corporate and bland but the bed was comfortable and everything in the room worked. Even the hairdryer was better than in some 5* hotels. Only grumble was no biscuits in the room (well nothing is perfect!).
Breakfast at the adjacent Beefeater exceeded expectations (but they were rock bottom). The breakfast was cooked to order and there was fresh fruit and organic yoghurts. Only let down was the tea and coffee which was not freshly brewed.
Its not hard to see why independent hotels struggle against the corporate giants when they offer such good service and value.
Its main downside is that the hotel is some distance from the centre of Abingdon

Room Tip: Choose a room at the rear overlooking the river rather than police station
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
AbingdonPI, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Abingdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I’m delighted to hear we exceeded your expectations; we try our best to ensure you enjoy your stay, and it’s great to receive such positive feedback.

I’m glad that you found the staff friendly and helpful, and the room comfortable and clean.
I shall pass your comments regarding breakfast onto the restaurant team, though I’m glad this also exceeded expectations!

As you say we are a 15-20 minute walk from Abingdon town centre, however if you would like to book a taxi, our reception staff are available 24 hours a day, and will be happy to do so for you.

Many thanks again for your review, and we hope to see you again soon.

Oxford Cluster

Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
Oxford Abingdon Hotel
Hampton by Hilton Oxford Hotel
Holiday Inn Oxford
Holiday Inn Oxford
#12 of 44 in Oxford

Been to Premier Inn Abingdon Hotel? Share your experiences!