“Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Just had a late lunch here with a friend we ordered from the grill my friend having steak my self having port ribeye my friends was absolutely delicous best steak she has eaten my pork was a little underdone for my liking so asked for it to be redone ....nothing was to much trouble apologises given n my meal returned to me & I ate the lot its was lovely nice friendly staff & very welcoming xx

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Excellent food and excellent service. One of the best steak meals I've had in Abingdon. Nothing to much too ask. New landlords were very friendly and welcoming. :-)

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Recently visited here after avoiding the place for a year as the food has never been great - and consequently reduced frequency to a meeting place only for the first drink. If you do visit stick to the standard/simple fish and scampi meals (2 for £10 options) .

Despite concluding never again a few years ago we let our guard down and went for steaks. Awful - worst cut of meat ever! Complained but the manager was less than polite. We booked at late notice, but despite beign told we could be squeezed in it was only half full and virtually empty by 20:30. Numerous friends have since confirmed it is renowned for poor quality food.

We all agreed never to return - even for meeting up for a drink!

With the increasing number of restaurants in Abingdon there is no reason to visit here. Particularly as the new weatherspoon offers superior food for half the price - and I never expected to type that.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here today 7 adult 3 young children,the food was very good pub grub,we all enjoyed our meals not restaurant standard but better than average for pub food at a decent price
Would defiantly go again,to my understanding it's got recently new owners that have done a good job with the place

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Called in on the off chance and was able to get a table. There was a few Xmas parties but was not too noisy. Ordered a sharing platter to start which was ok but not amazing. For mains we both went for the lwmb steak, one with salad and one with veg. It looked promising when it arrived but unfortunatly they were both very overcooked and we could not chew it. The staff were good and took them away and offered us something else. However we declined and payed for the drinks and starters. On leaving staff did apologise again and asked us to try them again. However I don't think we will as I am not really in that area of town.