“Kids love it but could be so much better...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Snakes & Ladders

Snakes & Ladders
Ranked #1 of 1 Fun & Games in Abingdon
More attraction details
Owner description: Bursting with indoor and outdoor adventure play, Snakes and Ladders in Abingdon is jam packed with fun and is so much more than just soft play!Whatever your child’s age there is always something to enjoy. Older children will adore the electric motorbikes and huge 3-tiered play frame (complete with slides, tunnels, ball ponds and rope climbs). Whilst those up to 5 years can run wild in their own enormous dedicated play zone overlooked by comfy leather sofas. There is even a Wow Toys Play Zone with a host of colourful Wow Toys, a water play area with fun water tables, a home corner full of mini sized kitchen equipment and a construction zone with huge bricks and Tonka toys. All sure to fire young imaginations.During term time there are special Toddler Sessions included in the entry price. Tuesday at 11am get ready for Musical Mayhem with singing, dancing and noisy instruments. On Thursdays at 11am get Arty Craft and encourage your child’s creativity without the mess at home.Parents are not forgotten either and can relax on comfy leather sofas with a tasty coffee, or a treat from the cafe and catch up with the latest magazines or take advantage of the free WiFi. Naturally children are well catered for in the cafe with special meal deals and sandwich boxes as well as yummy snacks.f you are looking for a children’s party there are plenty of options at Snakes and Ladders. Two hour parties include all the fun of the indoor adventure playground plus a fun themed private party room, a host and hot or cold food. You can even hire the entire place if you have lots of guests!
Didcot, England, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Kids love it but could be so much better...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Been going here for years because, at the end of the day it's a good fun way for the kids to have fun and burn off steam without wearing out the parent or carer. I agree with the reviews saying its expensive but I wouldn't mind so much if it was cleaner and better run. In other words, I'd go more often and I'm sure a lot of others would too. I'd like to see more attention given to clearing and cleaning tables and high chairs ( which never seem to be cleaned), regular scans by staff for hazards e.g food etc on the floor, gates left open etc and more healthy food choices in the cafe. I know its possible as there are tab soft play centres in Edinburgh where my parents live which achieve all this and are cheaper!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Fiona B
Susan L, Owner at Snakes & Ladders, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for bringing your children and leaving a review. We believe our prices offer value for money. We also have a free to join loyalty scheme with one point for each child entry - you only need 5 points for a free child entry. Our staff spend a great deal of time trying to keep the playcentre clean and tidy throughout the day and at particularly busy times is can be a challenge. Rest assured though, we do appreciate all feedback, positive and negative and will take comments on board to improve where we can. We hope we’ll see you back again in the future.

Abingdon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Over rated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Cost to get in far too high. When I went there was no wi fi although I do think there is now.
Staffing levels ok, although all seem very young.
I've had one of my children's parties there, although they state they provide party bags, really a good idea to do your own up.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Chloe H
Susan L, Owner at Snakes & Ladders, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for visiting us and leaving a review. We do now have free WIFI and we believe we offer good value for money. We have free parking, low off peak prices with regular toddler sessions included, a generous free to join loyalty scheme and regular special offers. We’re really pleased you held a party with us. As you say we do offer the option of adding party bags alongside fun party games, balloons and more. We hope you’ll visit us again in the future.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The kids will love it, shame about the rest of the place read on...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

It was £7.70 for my 5 yr old oh! And £1.20 for me lol. I will start by saying I've been here a few times now and it's the same every time so will not be coming again. All the staff are no older than 20 and they make it more than obvious they really don't want to be there. I've never seen any management in the place, once your lucky enough to gain entry after paying a huge amount and the 1 member of staff at the till (no matter how long the queue is) can be bothered to smile while stealing your money you will no doubt fancy a bite to eat. The only thing that is reasonably healthy is the lunch box @ £3.35. Now the staff in here like to talk, serving customers comes second as they like the sound of there own voices so much they have a tanoy system and when you order food they give you a number and you have to listen for it being called out but you can NEVER understand what they are saying and you food just waits they going cold on the side until you go up to ask where it is. Now if its a reasonably warm or hot day wear shorts, T-shirts dresses ect as there is no air-con and it get roasting hot and at the top of the play frame which is at the roof it is stupidly hot I would go as far as to say dangerously hot on hotter days. As I say as far as kids are concerned the play areas are good but staff need to grow up a little and learn how to be a little more polite and some customer service skills would not go amiss, Maybe a manager on site would be very good move at the moment I think the children who come to play here would run it better. Oh and this is for the staff in the kitchen if someone complains about a sandwich box taking 30 mins to be done grow up and don't keep stairing at them it's constructive criticism and remember we can see you in the kitchen Stop eating bits of the food of the plates that were ready to go out to customers it's not good hygiene practice and we don't want your germs.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank oxonchris
Susan L, Owner at Snakes & Ladders, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for visiting us and leaving a review or though we are disappointed to hear your feedback. If you have not already done so we would request that you leave your feedback via our website so that a senior member of management can get in contact so they can discuss your visit with you as you seem to have very specific complaints about our staff.

Just a few points that we would also like to come back on.

We do always have a Manager in the centre. If a visitor needs to speak with them and they are not in the play area we would ask that they ask for them at reception.

As well as our childrens lunch boxes we also have jacket potatoes with a range of fillings, spaghetti Bolognese and more. Most of our customers like to keep an eye on their children, moving around the playcentre, whilst we prepare their food which is why we use a tannoy system to announce food orders.

On very warm days the playcentre can get hot but unfortunately our electric doors mean we can’t install air conditioning as it just wouldn't work effectively.

Many thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.
Oxford, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Dirty, expensive and crowded”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Imagine a warehouse with harsh lights, echoey noise and, if you're lucky enough to get a table, it's covered in sticky residue. That's pretty much the best you can say about this place, where a family of 3 can expect to shell out upwards of £20 and that's before being bled dry for awful coffee.

What makes me really angry is that Snakes and Ladders discriminates against working parents with their absurd 'peak/off peak' pricing. Go on the weekend or outside regular work hours and you'll pay around 50% more.

Then there's the refreshments. You're forbidden, by big signs, to bring your own food and drink inside the place. Instead you're forced either to endure hell without a hot drink or to attend the greasy, icky looking snack bar where you can be presented with caustic coffee and a range of stale-tasting baked goods or fried foods. Slushed and Ribena are on offer. But everything is overpriced.

I won't be going back to this godawful excuse for entertainment, and if I were you I'd steer well clear.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank lizzieusauk
Susan L, Owner at Snakes & Ladders, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for visiting us and for leaving a review. We introduced our much lower off peak prices a couple of years ago to try and attract more visitors during the quieter times and spread the demand. Previously our prices were slightly lower at the end of the day compared to 10am to 4pm (weekends or weekdays). This was in no way to discriminate against working parents. You may be interested to hear that we’ve expanded our range of drinks and snacks in our cafe include Innocent smoothies and juices.
Oxford, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Kids fun place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We just got back from Snakes and Ladders, Abingdon. Not bad, but not the best. Great day for kids, a lot of things to do- huge 3 tier play area for older kids with a lot of slides and climbs; safe toddler area and under 5's zone. So any age would find something to get busy with. My son who is nearly 1 love water play area and my daughter (4) loves to climb outside. I would go back but next time I'll take my own lunch (my daughter like homemade food). Also they have a comfy cafe there with free WiFi.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Kristina P
Susan L, Owner at Snakes & Ladders, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for visiting us and leaving your review. We’re glad your children enjoyed it and hope to see you back in the future.