Tripadvisor
Abingdon
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews laundry room tribute night the entire staff sales director meeting venue waffle machine birthday afternoon tea tesco superstore king junior suite would definitely stay here again large walk in shower adjoining rooms minor maintenance issues nice hotel sofa bed for sale decent sized room
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

No bottled water or biscuits in room on arrival. Other than that we found everything else real good. Nice staff, clean hotel, food excellent, free parking on site. Only minutes to Abington town centre. We found our stay very pleasant and would recommended you stay there. Bed and breakfast great value for the price.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
GMHGIAbingdon, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Abingdon Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review of our hotel and your recent stay with us.
Hilton Garden Inn as a brand do not offer biscuits in the rooms, but we do "welcome bites" on arrival from 5pm that are freshly prepared by our chef.
The water is provided for our Hilton Honors members depending on their level. Have you joined?
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here as we were were attending a funeral locally and had a pleasant night’s stay. Our king sized room was spotless and overlooked the car park. We expected some noise from cars but were pleasantly surprised that it was very quiet. The receptionist, who if my memory is correct, was called Ricky and he gave us such a friendly welcome and helped us with directions to the crematorium. The young blonde girl in the restaurant, whose name I cannot remember, was also nice and friendly. We would recommend the hotel and will definitely stay again when visiting family.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the positive comments about your stay.
We try our best to deliver a great guest experience and it is great that Ricky has been recognised for his customer service. We are lucky to have him and he will be rewarded directly as the team make the difference to our guests.
See you again soon (hopefully under better circumstances)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Reception denied receiving my request for a quiet room. Refused my offer to show them the confirmation mail (dated 20/12/19), which included the request. After long argument ( no mention or attempt to keep Hilton Promise), and at first saying only 'The hotel is full', as though that was the end of the problem as far as they were concerned. Practically implied that I was lying. Not one word of excuse , simply maintaining the formula'quiet room' was too subjective anyway to be meaningful.
When we presented ourselves for a breakfast (that was not included), we were told aggressively by a young lady, 'I can't charge it to you room - how are you going to pay?' As though she doubted that we could pay. Her English was poor. She didn't understand what I said to her, so, thinking she had a French accent, I asked her if she were French, hoping to find a common language to talk to her in. Unfortunately, she felt I was being aggressive, and 'John', the manager of the kitchen/restaurant, came to find me to accuse me of 'taking out my dissatisfaction with the hotel on the staff'. He was definitely so aggressive that he refused to listen to my attempt to explain the situation.
As my Chinese wife said to me, 'This couldn't happen in China!'- but the atmosphere was already spoiled.
In all the years that we had stayed in this hotel we had enjoyed very good relations with the previous staff (who seem to have mostly disappeared).

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank clinton502

Thank you for your comments.
As you have already raised this issue on Booking.com, Hilton Guest Assistance and on here, I will be responding to you directly through Hilton.
The investigation with my team has given an alternative description to your allegations and I will be discussing this directly with you through the appropriate channels.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were please with the good value price and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room, the only thing that let it down was the poor pressure from the shower. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We didn't eat at the hotel, the breakfast seemed a bit pricey at £12.95.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the comments.
Our breakfast price is determined by the range we offer, the quality of the ingredients and that you can go back as often as you like.
If you want an omelette, poached egg or porridge the chef will be happy to cook this to order for you.
Thanks for the comments and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is pretty good, but made great by the reception staff who all go above and beyond to help you out. Ricky is my favourite; nothing is ever too much trouble and he always has time to ask about your day.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Thanks for the comments.
Yes, Ricky and the reception team make the arrival experience a really pleasant one and it helps set us out from our competitors.
We do reward our team when they get a mention by name on the review sites as it makes the stay much more personal.
Thanks again and hope to see you soon.