“Business Trip”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Abingdon
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Business Trip”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Recently stayed here for two nights whilst working in the area. Ideal location close to the A34. Hotel staff efficient and friendly. My room was up to the standard I expected for this grade of hotel.
Didn't eat in the restaurant as the menu wasn't to my liking, however there are plenty of other places to eat within walking distance. On the flip side, the hot buffet breakfast was one of the best I have tasted in many years.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
BenSandersGM, General Manager at Oxford Abingdon Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet all your requirements.

We are just about to change our menu content and pricing structure in the Bar and Grill. I hope that on your next visit we will be able to tempt you to eat at the hotel.

Ben

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Cheshire uk
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight in business as it is ideally located for Milton park. I was a little disappointed that the room I was allocated was freezing as the heater was broken however I was quickly moved to another lovely room with great customer service ( which continued during my stay). My evening meal and breakfast were lovely and great price. Would be happy to stay here again but I do agree that there is a big difference in rooms with some needing an upgrade

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for leaving a review after your recent stay. I am sorry that the heater in your 1st room was malfunctioning. I am pleased that we were able to swiftly move you to a room that met all the requirements you would expect of a Four Pillars Hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed your evening meal and breakfast. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again when on visiting Abingdon and/or Oxford.

hinckley
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Don't be put off by exterior, looks like a motel but when you get inside it's lovely. Pleasant bar, nice restaurant. Reception smart. Rooms was very good. Every member of staff were polite and friendly. Food , choice, presentation and taste was excellent. All in all a great weekend.
Abingdon is a pleasant Little town with some beautiful buildings

Room Tip: Room 46 quiet and comfy
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thnak you for leaving a kind review after your recent stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to Abingdon and that we were able to accomodate all of your needs.

I hope you'll consider staying with us again when visit Oxford and Abingdon.

Derry
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed here for quite a number of days in Jan 14. The initial room I was given was in bad need to a revamp, but on the next visit I was located nearer to the reception area which obviously was modernised recently and I have to say was very very good! pity that this isn't replicated throughout the hotel as I very nearly didn't come back for the 2nd stay.

The breakfast is amazing and the staff are very good too!

Good value, location and breakfast and overall a good hotel if you get the mondernised rooms!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am pleased that on your second visit we were able to allocate you more suitable room than on your first visit.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. The morning team will be very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your breakfast.

I hope that you will stay with us again when in Abingdon,

Faversham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Conveniently located on the way to the Redbridge park and ride we stayed here for a couple of nights so we could visit Oxford. The enormous bed was comfortable, the heating adjustable and the windows could be opened. It was quiet (apart from the 5 minute fire alarm burst in the middle of the night), clean, comfortable and well equipped. The breakfast was great with lots of choice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
BenSandersGM, General Manager at Oxford Abingdon Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review following your recent visit to Oxford. I'm glad we were able to meet all of your expectations.

I am sorry that the fire alarm was activated during the night of your stay. One of the alert parameters was met by a bedroom detector which subsequently triggered the alarm. Fortunately on this occasion there was no fire.

Thank you again for leaving a review, I hope you will consider staying with us again when visiting Oxford.

England
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Well located for Abingdon which is around 10 - 15 minutes walk. The rooms are clean but could probably do with the décor refreshing to be honest. Having said that I would stay again also a decent breakfast and free wifi of acceptable quality is available.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for positive review. I am pleased we were able to meet all of your requirements and I hope you will consider staying with us when visiting the local area.

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Thank you for exceptional service at lunchtime on 8/1/14. Staff went out of their way to serve my friend and myself with food not on the menu.The hotel well presented with ample parking spaces and all staff very helpful and pleasant.

Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review following your visit to us for lunch. Our team will always try to exceed our guests expectations and I am pleased that this occasion was no different.

I hope you will join us for lunch again soon.

Ben
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abingdon
Milton Hill, Abingdon
Travelodge Oxford Abingdon Road Hotel
De Vere Oxford Thames
Hampton by Hilton Oxford Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Oxford

Been to Oxford Abingdon Hotel? Share your experiences!