“Shrinking portions!!!!!!!!”

Papas Fish and Chips
Ranked #16 of 152 Restaurants in Worksop
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Quality, award winning family run fish & chip restaurant and takeaway (est. 1966). 80 seats, air conditioned, heated. Large car park suitable for coach parties. Open 7 days a week. Varied menu includes gluten free.
Reviewed July 17, 2019 via mobile

Just called for 2 portions of regular cod and chips. When we got home we were shocked at the small size of fish. It was half the size it usually is with a lot less chips. Always go here and get a box full of lovely food but not today.

Date of visit: July 2019
Nick V, Owner at Papas Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2019

Hi, not sure what's going on here. The portions are measured out the same as they always are. The fish are all cut and weighed the same as they always are. It is very difficult to deal with a complaint via Trip Advisor, you would be far better off contacting the shop on 01909 478760. This is the only complaint we have received of this nature, you may note that the latest review said the portions were too big.. so I can only presume you've been given the wrong meal or there was a communication breakdown? Let me know next time you pop in. Regards nick

Write a reviewReviews (164)

Reviewed June 13, 2019

Love it here at Papas. We're so lucky to have a wonderful fish and chip restaurant. We've eaten in and had take out many times, always delicious. It's a busy and popular restaurant and the team work so hard. Special mention to Sky, she's adorable and works so hard. Makes lovely fishcakes too. Yummy food. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 9, 2019

Good service with a smile. Great cod & chips- very fresh. Good parking. Establishment has take away service too. Will certainly return & would recommend.

Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

Don’t usually go to this chip shop as it’s out the way but went tonight as I was passing, gentleman in the white shirt that served me this evening, absolute credit to the company, gentleman that made my food while I waited amazing guy, everyone took so much pride in their work. Food was top notch and presentation lovely, my only point would be the third guy who was just cleaning, when I returned to my car he had the same gloves on driving his car to the front, I’m guessing he wouldn’t have been touching the food after, at least I hope not, other than that, I will be returning for more excellent food and service :)

Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

This is our local chippi and the food is absolutely amazing . Always gorgeous fish and proper chips .
Would not go anywhere else . And the staff are always cheerful and ready to help .

Date of visit: April 2019