“Worksop's Best Kept Secret!”
Review of Olive Grove Bistro

Olive Grove Bistro
Ranked #3 of 133 Restaurants in Worksop
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean bistro with large courtyard dining area situated in the heart of Worksop providing a relaxed dining experience.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Had a delicious lunch here today with my son and daughter in law. My son ( who is an unofficial expert on pizza) said it was amazing! My daughter in law and I both had the pitta bread/ ciabatta sandwiches with a side salad - the food was very tasty and fresh - by far the best lunch I have had locally for as long as I can remember. We finished with the home made lemon cake which was absolutely beautiful. Thank you, Olive Garden - I will certainly be back soon!

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Visited the bistro with family.Had a selection of tapas dishes which were very tasty and we'll presented.We also had several pizza's with homemade bases which were excellent.The service was very good with the staff being friendly and very attentive.Food and Wine prices were very good for the quality.Will be returning for another visit.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were a party of four on a saturday evening,we had a table outside in the rustic patio which in reality was a run down side yard,we ordered three tapas dishes expensive and bland,followed by lukewarm lasagne, a solid lump of pasta with little sauce,the pizza was small and obviously brought in not what you would expect for the price,the ladies had wine,no draught beers only overpriced 330ml bottles which they ran out of after serving four, offered pear cider not chilled but warm that was all they had.
How on earth did they get their rating?

2  Thank colin76
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Recently popped into this 'little' place for a bite of lunch with my OH and we were looking for somewhere we could actually hear ourselves chat (and not hear everyone else's conversation!) . We opted for the lunch time tapas menu and a bottle of wine - we asked for a recommendation on the wine and it did not disappoint.

Quite easy to miss this place - I should know as I seem to have not noticed it and I go into Worksop regularly, however now I know where to go then I think I shall become a regular.

The pluses are numerous - the staff, absolutely the best you could ask for, friendly and advising without being annoying, the food could not be fresher and from my seat I could see it being cooked, and we were able to sit and take as much time as we wanted - there was no feeling that we had to hurry and the staff definitely didn't hurry us along even allowing us a 10 minute break whilst we decided on desert.

There is a minus and that's the size of the place - in the warmer days not a problem as they have an outside covered area however inside borders on pokey if it were full.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I have been numerous times with friends and I haven't been disappointed once! The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to talk to chat to you and the food is delicious (especially the home made soup and pizzas!) It's a very cosy atmosphere and is hidden away from everywhere in town which makes you feel as though you have stepped into a little restaurant abroad!

Love this place, which is why I keep going back for more!!

1  Thank Hollie G