“Great Chippy”

Description: ...
Worksop, United Kingdom
“Great Chippy”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Great little chippy, loads of grub and really tasty. Service was spot on. While we were in the restaurant there were loads of take-aways being sold so it's clearly got a great reputation. Great value as well.

• Visited March 2014

Europe
“Great food, amazing value!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This no frills family owned & run restaurant is wonderful. We had some time to kill before the cinema & asked box office staff to recommend somewhere for a quick meal. So glad they suggested Shaws. What a great find! All the food is freshly home cooked, & the steak & potato pie with proper chips is as good as anything you'll find in many posher restaurants, and at a fantastic price. We also appreciated the fast friendly service which gave us time to try their irresistible home made pudding. Brilliant.

Visited March 2014
Derby, United Kingdom
“WOW.....amazing food and great staff”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Me and OH popped in here and decided to sit in for our Fish and Chips before heading to the cinema.

From the moment we went in the staff were friendly and welcoming.

Quick glance at the menu had me uming and ahing but we both opted for regular fish and chips with a soft drink and a side.

Within minutes of ordering plates brimming with golden battered fish and chips, delicious hot and so tempting to look at arrived at our table and it didn't take me long to get stuck in, gorgeous and so so so tasty. Silence on the table which my OH was keen to point out is unusual but I couldn't stop eating this lovely meal alas I couldn't eat it all and was a little but only until the waitress came over with a box for me to put my unfinished meal in to take home - and she didn't need to offer twice :)

Can't believe I have never really noticed this Chip Shop before but I can assure you I have noticed it now :)

We will be back for definite and the staff were just so nice.

• Visited February 2014
colin
“lovely fish and chips”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Nice clean sit down fish and chips, freshly cooked to order,this is how they should be,fishchips,mushy peas bread and butter, and a pot of tea, smashing!
We saw the steak pie being served it looked so nice, that we ordered a family sized to be picked next day we were not disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
Worksop, United Kingdom
“Very good that's how fish and chips should be.”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Great food good price the staff are nice and friendly nothing is ever a problem would recommend everybody to go

• Visited November 2013