Best Western Lion Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewsgroupon dealwater bedbottle of proseccoclumber parksherwood forestpublic car parkhuge bathroomlovely hotelbuffet breakfasttown centresky sportsexecutive roomtea and coffeefull englishsaturday nightgood nights sleepone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night at hotel room was great and lovely and clean. We where having a great time till we decided to go and eat. We decided we would try the grill bar prices where reasonable. We ordered are meal at 8pm so at 8.35 and i went back to the bar to enquire where are food was. I was told they hadn't ordered a technical problem. The order never arrived in the kitchen. Oh well I said how long will it take. Oh twenty mins I was told. 35 mins later they served up inadequate food. The bit that annoyed me more was the manager sent the waiter to give a refund and apologise. Cowardly I think. Anyway do stay their but avoid the grill bar

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank John B
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here, and although the sat nav took me to the front, I remembered the back entrance has a car park which is accessed via Lead Hill. It has two car parks - one is obvious, and the other is to the right, through an archway. The car parking is limited, but there is a large public car park opposite.

The room was very warm. The radiator was full on and the thermostatic valve could not be moved. Fortunately, the valve at the other end of be radiator could be adjusted. With the radiator turned off, the room stayed warm all night. He temperature outside was around 2 degrees.

There was som noise from adjacent rooms, but not too bad.

The bathroom shower was not mitre than a trickle, but just sufficient, and hot.

I ate in the restaurant, but quite late. The chips were undercooked, and the chef had gone home for the night. I mentioned this hen I checked out, and was given a coffee and a bacon sandwich.

The staff are very friendly and helpful, and I would return here again if I had to visit Worksop.

Room Tip: Probably ground floor and at the end of a corridor. There is no lift, so if you have a lot of luggage, a ground floor would be best.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kvukwt
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here overnight whilst in Worksop on business. My sat nav took me to the front of the hotel - I then had to phone the hotel for directions to the carpark which is located next to a public car park.
I was allocated a large room on the ground floor which was clean and well equipped. Having arrived late I didn't eat at the hotel. Breakfast, however, was excellent. Cereals, juice, pastries and toast from the buffet and cooked breakfast made to order.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank instoreman
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Located in the centre of Worksop, the hotel is a good base for visiting the area, including for instance Clumber Park.
Staff are very friendly, the bar area totally refurbished, and rooms very good.
Our second stay at this hotel, and we shall no doubt return

Room Tip: Request that your room is NOT above the Saturday night (or Wedding) disco - we have not had that problem, but the potential exists!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gwenday
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great service and friendly staff. Food was excellent and rooms were spot on. Can't fault.
Didn't explore worksop at all, but don't think there was much going on.
I was here on business, but wouldn't hesitate to stay on a pleasure trip.

• Stayed: February 2013