“Groupon deal”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Worksop
Preston
“Groupon deal”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Enjoyed a first time one nite stay at this hotel. A lovely place a great sleep and friendly welcoming staff. Breakfast was brill served hot and tasted great! I noticed it was dog friendly and have recommended it to my sister in law. The hotel smelt fresh and clean a big plus for us and bed mattress very comfy. Loved the fact it was close to Sherwood Forest and Clumber Park.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tazang20
TinaPearson, General Manager at Best Western Lion Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear tazang20,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit and I have passed all your comments onto the staff. The hotel does accept dogs in the ground floor bedrooms (easy access for them to go for a walk), but not in the bar or restaurant. We find this very popular with visitors, who like yourselves, want to spend time round Sherwood Forest and Clumber Park.

Thank you once again.

Tina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This was my third visit in 6 months, which would indicate that I think it is a great place to stay. The staff create such a welcome as soon as you set foot in the Hotel - they immediately look up, smile with warmth and immediately attend to you. They even remember you from previous visits without any prompting and are efficient and helpful right from the start. On this visit I was taken to my room - the same one as I last occupied, and although there was a problem with the plumbing (the torrential rain had caused some back up in the shower) within minutes two staff had not only attended to the shower but after a short time had decided I should be moved. They scooped up all my belongings and took me to another equally sized comfortable room - replacing everything exactly how they had found it from the last room. The weekend went smoothly, food superb, service without question the very best. I would recommend this hotel and it's lovely staff to anybody who had not been before to give it a try and I defy them to complain about anything. I should add that there were over eighty other guests in the Hotel at the time of my stay and it ran like clockwork ! Well done, again, to the Lion Hotel, Worksop.

Room Tip: Generally a quiet location but some rooms face the street, which has a market on Friday and Saturday...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ROMO_12
TinaPearson, General Manager at Best Western Lion Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear Romo_12

thank you for coming to stay with us again and I am sorry that I wasn't at the hotel this weekend to meet with you and your party.

I am so pleased that you were looked after by all the team and that you enjoyed your stay with us. The comments we receive from all our guests and especially our regulars are very important to us and help us to constantly look at ways to improve.

I am sorry to hear you had problems with your room but I'm pleased that the team looked after you so well.

I understand between your party you managed to try nearly all the menu items on the new 108 menu which is great for us and with some very positive and constructive feedback, so thank you.

I look forward to welcoming you all back again soon and once again thank you.

Tina
Yorkshire lass
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We booked this as a Groupon break and although it is near to where we live, we thoroughly enjoyed it.
Pleasant room, good food and helpful staff.
Unfortunately, although there is lift, there are many short flights of steps (2-6) which are unavoidable and due to arthritis my knees are not keen on steps. They were just manageable but might not be for others
There are 2 restaurants, the bar restaurant is fine. We didn't try the 108 Restaurant as it is a 7 course meal and is £30 per person. It sounded very nice but too much (quantity wise). The 108 Restaurant is only open at weekends and on Bank Holidays.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mowley
TinaPearson, General Manager at Best Western Lion Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Mowley

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your leisure break with us, and not being far from us we hope to see you again very soon.

The hotel dates back to 1601 and is a grade II listed building, because of this and the fact that it is built on an incline there are a number of steps from the rear of the hotel to reception and to the bar and grill area. There are a couple of easier ways around the hotel, so please if you return just let us know when you book and we can show you the best way to miss as many steps as possible.

The 108 menu is due to change very shortly to a a la carte menu and will be open from Monday through to Saturday evenings inclusive, offering our guests more choice.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon, and once again thank you for your comments.
shropshire
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed at the Lion hotel for two nights from the 29th of February on a Bed & Breakfast basis, due to a course that I was attending at North Notts College.

The hotel is perfectly positioned at the top end of the town centre, it is a well run establishment. Having stayed there previously, I knew when I booked that I would be staying in a quality hotel.

The room that I stayed in was very comfortable, nice flat screen TV with a good selection of channels, coffee/tea making facilities, and the bed was very comfortable, nice clean fresh towels, plus the usual soaps & gels etc.

The breakfast was superb, various fruit, cereals, yoghurts, unlimited toast, white or brown,unlimited coffee/tea, and a lovely full english of your choice which is brought to your table by a waiter.

I also ate in the evening at the hotel on both evenings, the quality of the meals were very good, my only comment would be that I think a little more selection and slightly larger portions would be a little more satisfying, other than that it was an excellent stay.

If you are staying in Worksop, I would definitely recommend staying at the Lion, the staff are all very helpful,and it is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank blackyabe
Dear Blackyabe

thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the BEST WESTERN Lion Hotel, your time and comments are very much appreciated.

It is important to us to listen to all our guests and find ways of improving what we offer, the breakfast offering was one area we changed recently so I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed it.

In May we are introducing an A la Carte menu in the main restaurant which will be open Monday to Saturday every week, in addition to the Bar and Grill Menu, so hopefully you will see the change in the selection offered.

Once again thank you and I hope to welcome you back again soon.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Didnt stay here, just called in here for a coffee, and had the best capuccino I have had outside Rome! Lovely, and my friend had caffe latte which looked fab too. All served with a cute little shortbread cookie. Lovey, and friendly waiters too. Very comfortable chairs, and we ended up staying much longer than we had intended!
I hear the rooms are lovely, and it is certainly central for the town of Work

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank angelinapink
TinaPearson, General Manager at Best Western Lion Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Angelinapink

thank you so much for your review, it is lovely to hear how the Grill and Bar are doing and that the standard of coffee we are serving is appreciated.

The hotel has got 46 rooms in total including the Rufford Suite which has a mud bed!

I hope you've had a relaxing day and enjoyed the sunshine and again thank you for your review.

Lincoln
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed here in march 2012 and stayed in the firbeck room. The staff were very pleasant and couldn't do enough for you. The 108 restaurant was brill also the bar food was loverly to! The only down side was the town it was in as it was a little bit frightening walking round at night but it was nice to walk down the high street in the day. We would def stay her again. Thank you so much for your service.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank TheRedwood
Dear Timski2406,

It is important to us to offer our guests not just a comfortable room, but also friendly and efficient service and good food, and I am pleased that we were able to deliver this to you during your stay.

All feedback we receive is used to identify the things we are doing well and the things we're not doing so well and relay this all back to the team.

Your time in reviewing your stay with us is very much appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Like a previous reviewer, we only stayed here as it was halfway between home and destination. We got a fantastic deal - hard to believe the size and qualty of the room for what we paid. The staff are really helpful and friendly. Plenty of hot water and towels in the bathroom. And a great breakfast. All in all, a great experience and will definitely stay here again if we decide to break our journey to the North East.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue W
Dear Sue

thank you so much for your review. We are constantly looking at ways to improve the service and facilities we offer and it is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have passed your comments on to all the staff and I hope you had a comfortable and safe journey home.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Tina Pearson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worksop
Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Edwinstowe
Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel
Ye Olde Bell Hotel & Restaurant
Best Western Plus Mosborough Hall Hotel

Been to Best Western Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!