“A very rainning evening”
Review of La Roca

La Roca
Ranked #20 of 152 Restaurants in Worksop
Description: La Roca is a coffee shop and tapas restaurant on Newcastle Avenue in Worksop. Our tapas ingredients are sourced locally and also imported in from Spain. We are also a fully licensed restaurant and have sourced all our wines from along with our selection of Gins and beers. We also serve cocktails too! We aim to provide a warm, safe and friendly environment. We are also breast feeding friendly.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Me and my went to have a nice evening meal they last night and enjoy our self. Also it was our second time we be at your restaurant and happy to say. The staff are very friendly and also helpful

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank briandT9489ED
Write a reviewReviews (49)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We came for a tapas meal on a Thursday evening and have discovered a real gem of a restaurant and will definately be back. Cosy place with a lovely atmosphere... The food was out of this world and we enjoyed every single dish we tried. The staff were so friendly and welcoming and made it a brilliant experience. Please try this place its amazing!

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank beckyhardie
Reviewed July 28, 2019

This was our first visit to la roca and unfortunately our last. Waitress was very nice and polite so no complaints there, we started by ordering our drinks, no beer on the pump which meant bottles only and they only had about three bottles of red wine all different types.

When we ordered they didn't have certain items on the menu which was disappointing and things they did have they only had small amounts of, so if all the party wanted paella we couldn't have it. The paella was very bland I've had nicer tasting from supermarkets. The tapas portions are small and over priced to other places in Worksop and Sheffield, it was nice tasting though, I also found that the menu did not have much choice either.

Don't get me wrong it was a nice place and atmosphere was good but we won't be visiting again for a meal.

Date of visit: July 2019
LaRocaWorksop, Manager at La Roca, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

Thank you for review.

We are sorry we didn’t hit your expectations on your visit to La Roca.

We have been having very high demand for paella and we only prepare a certain amount and we always advise that you pre order the paella.

As for limited items? We had been very busy and we are also changing our menu. I am sure the waitress did offer alternatives as we the waitresses are told what the alternatives are to offer the customer. So at least there is something in place to be offered.

If the paella was ‘bland’ then you should of told the waitress you were not happy with it and the problem could of been resolved there and then. Instead of you writing your complaint on here!

We always do check backs on the tables to rectify and problems. It’s is very sad indeed you did not let us do this!

But thanks again, we cook all our food fresh, and we strive to provide a high level of customer service. Which are pleased you received.....

It’s just a shame you didn’t mention any of this on your visit to all us to help and make your visit more pleasurable!

Kind Regards
La Roca

Reviewed July 13, 2019

I was back in Worksop again visiting family and friends and after such an amazing visit the first time, there was no doubt where I wanted come and visit again.

The staff again were so so accommodating and could not do enough for me. The owner even remembered me and chatted and asked how I was getting on. For her to remember and show such compassion was very lovely indeed. The staff are wonderful here and make me feel so welcome and safe due to my mobility issues.

This time upon my visit was for brunch and I went for the ‘All Things Fruitful’ pancakes. They were divine! Just hit the spot as I wanted something fresh tasting.

I am back up in August for birthday celebrations with my family and will we be visiting again? Yes 100% In fact I have booked in already.

This place is so lovely, from the food, the service and ambience. Just a shame I didn’t live closer or I’d be here every day.

Thanks again La Roca for making my visit so welcoming again.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank LindaH0074
Reviewed July 11, 2019 via mobile

A few friends and I visited and we were appalled by the attitude of the manager and owner when we told her (after she pushed us for an opinion copious times like it was some sort of obsession) that the food was a little bland and tasted microwaved. It wasn't awful but hey ho we were pushed for a review, so we were honest. I've never known anything like the reaction we received: we were told that to give a bad review must have been the reason we came in the first place, we were cursed at, made to feel bad for giving an honest opinion because she "works bloody hard" and told we could have it for free if we didn't give a bad review. I never agreed to this however so here I am because I feel other people need to be warned how they will be treated if by no fault of their own they don't enjoy their meal. Her reaction was childish to say the least. Disgusting to say the most. One of my friends was in tears when we left and after I contacted the restaurant to inform them of this and tell them how I felt, we received no reply. Will not ever be returning to feel the same extent of embarrassment and upset caused by La Roca.

Date of visit: March 2019
4  Thank jakovicdb
LaRocaWorksop, Manager at La Roca, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2019

Hello, Firstly we have been waiting for this review to appear. You visited the restaurant over 6 months ago now and all of sudden you’ve taken the time to write a review.

You have had your say so as business we are allowed to respond.

Firstly you were asked through out the meal whether everything was ok. You all said it fine was. It wasn’t until the end of the meal one of you complained. No one else in your party did.
Also to be accused of ‘microwaving our food’ is something we do not do!
As for your comment about giving you the food for free, to be honest we felt by the attitude that was just the purpose of your visit!

So of course we are going to protect our business and reputation. And yes you’re right something we do work hard at. We accept criticism and always have but the manner it was done in, at the end of meal???? If we NEVER checked back many times on your table, we could understand! BUT WE DID! As we always do for every customer!

But at no point did your friend complain at the meal. It was only after. So the opportunity to resolve the matter on the night could of been sorted. But hey ho! Thanks for the review! Also if this is the worst experience in your life....

Thanks again away but there are always 2 sides to a review.