“A very nice pub restaraunt”
Review of The Carnarvon Arms

The Carnarvon Arms
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Carnarvon Country Pub & Kitchen serving great food
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“A very nice pub restaraunt”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Ate here twice over the second weekend in March , once a bar meal and once in the restaurant. We really enjoyed both meals. They have an extensive menu, decent selection of beers and wines, well trained friendly staff , the service is good, the beer kept very well. With the usual Greene King offerings of Abbot ,IPA, Speckled hen, Peroni, Stella, with some guest beers which when we were there most notably was a St Austell brewery offering. The décor of the pub is in suiting to a relaxing atmosphere and in the two evenings we were there we didn't hear a swear word which for most pubs in the UK is exceptional and very welcome. Thanks to all the staff and management and clients of this pub for making it such a nice place to visit. We will be back.

• Visited March 2014

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Busy , Busy, Busy but staff were smiling.”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Surprised how busy this place was but chose it as one of the few none Asian resturants in the area not part of a huge chain. The online menus did not match the ones at the table and although we were early on Friday evening a couple of the options we would have chosen were not available.
The food we did get was good and the fresh veggies excellent.
The waitress managed to serve efficiently & with a smile.
We will be back but probably at lunchtime.

Poole, England, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

A family meal on a cold Wednesday in February, good job we booked, because the joint was jumping! Always a good sign :)
The staff were friendly and attentive without being pushy or making us feel hurried, and the food was really very good. Goujons of plaice for starter were very tasty, and two of my party had a mountain of a prawn cocktail each. Very 1970s but apparently very tasty. Main courses were all very good - I enjoyed my Rancho Grande (though a little too much sauce for my taste) and the steak and kidney pie, and the lemon sole looked - and I'm told were - delicious.
Too stuffed for pud, but a very nice coffee to finish, and the whole lot for £70. Definitely be going back there again, next time I'm up in the Midlands.

Derby, United Kingdom
“The Canarvon, Teversal, near sutton in Ashfield”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had not visited the Carnarvon arms, Teversal for about twenty years but went with friends last week for my wife's 70th birthday.

It's now simply The Carnarvon. The food is excellent and Staff are extremely friendly without being over the top. I had steak cooked to my liking so did my wife. Food Plenty. Choice is a Huge range. Starters are more than ample and Sweets Galore and no skimping on portions. Four oof us dined with wine and ale, steak and vegetables plus chips and a huge sweet for £84.50 which was excellent value.

Two days before my wife and I ate in the Blue Room at Thresby Hall, that to was beyond our expectations.

Well, United Kingdom
“One of our favourite places”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Have been with family and as a couple and The Carnarvon has always been great. A huge menu so there is always something to eat, friendly staff, very tasty food which has always arrived hot and finally a very nice atmosphere to eat in. Not the cheapest food around but it is worth the extra.

• Visited December 2013