“On a midweek evening good food”
Review of Huthwaite Tandoori

Huthwaite Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Huthwaite Tandoori serves quality traditional Indian cuisine of a wide variety whether eating in, take-away or deliveries. Established since 1990 and continuing to provide delicious food to the local area.Using our own blend of spices and the best ingredients, we aim to provide delightfully mouth watering dishes along with outstanding service and surroundings to match.
Matlock Bath, United Kingdom
“On a midweek evening good food”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

3 of us went midweek in the evening. Us and one other couple were the only people there. We had a good evening, the food was tasty and the service good, (although the order was slightly wrong, it was corrected quickly with no fuss) . Would go again, food better than average.

1 Thank aupmiduck

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Mixed opinion...”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Our first visit to Huthwaite Tandoori, we booked a table easily.
On arrival we was greeted by welcoming staff and shown to our table. The restaurant is quite dated but appears clean, the table lay out was very presentable.
The staff were really friendly, but almost too attentive, a lot of hovering around the table while we were chatting/eating which was quite uncomfortable.
There was quite a wait for the meal after ordering but the food was presented well, good size portions and was really delicious. Dessert however was not very nice at all - will definitely give it a miss if we visit again.
The meal itself was really good value for money, but desserts are overpriced.

• Visited July 2014
SaajHoque, Manager at Huthwaite Tandoori, responded to this review, January 7, 2015
Please note that between September 2013 and November 2014, the business was under different management. The previous management team, including Saaj, have returned since December 2014 and therefore hope that you will return to try our establishment again.
Sutton in Ashfield, United Kingdom
“Loyal customer very dis-satisfied”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I've been a loyal customer for 20 years. Since Saaj left at the end of last year I have now had three poor experiences. Tonight was the worst. I ordered our food and was told to collect it after 30 minutes. I arrived after 40 minutes and then had to wait another 40 minutes. Meanwhile I overheard many complaints from diners in the restaurant who had been waiting for main courses for over 45 minutes. Some people left without paying and the other people waiting to collect takeaways had also been waiting considerably longer than the times that they were waiting. The restaurant downstairs was only about half full, so I'm not sure what the problem was. I overheard a number of telephone orders be quoted 1.5 - 2.0 hours and then not bother to order. I observed how things were being run for the 40 minutes I was there. One of the staff was working very hard. Three of the staff had no sense of urgency, they didn't seem to know what they were doing (they should have been pitching in to recover the slow service) and they were saying that the kitchen couldn't keep up. I asked who the manager was and was told it was Ali. I was told that Ali was in the kitchen trying to sort things out. From what I observed, Ali is a nice guy, he is probably too nice! He seemed to lack the confidence and leadership to drive the staff to perform. He was extremely polite and apologetic to me when he was finally able to bring out my food. I explained that I had been a customer for 20 years and that I am very loyal but this service was not good enough. When I got home, very disappointingly my order was missing chips, a naan bread and any salad, all of which I had paid for! I have to say that the food also wasn't as good as I am used to, probably a consequence of people panicking and rushing to try and get the orders out. I do hope you read this Ali. I think you will need to change some of your staff. They need to clearly understand what their roles and responsibilities are and they need to work harder. By the way, you might also want to insist that some of the staff wear smarter clothes. One lad who worked particularly slowly was wearing jeans and his shirt was not properly tucked in. You need to have high expectations of your staff. If I were you, I would have the whole team back in tomorrow morning for a full de-brief on what went wrong tonight and sort out how you will all work together to ensure that this never happens again. If they aren't willing to do this (and to be clear they should be turning up for this without expecting to be paid to be there), then I think this will tell you they aren't the right people for the job. I really hope you are able to turn things around. Perhaps Saaj may be willing to help you on a few nights and show you how things should be done.

7 Thank Rob A
nottingham
“As delicious as ever”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

After reading the recent reviews,was a little worried about going to my favourite curry house. We hadn't been for a while and read it had new owners.All I can say is, it was as delicious as always,and the staff were Fab

Lancaster
“Yes...come back Saaj”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I agree with my esteemed colleague..things have taken a turn for the worst since Saaj's departure. To be helpful though, here's what we thought was missing
1. The staff seemed curmudgeonly, tired and lacking in the good humour that HT was always famous for.
2. The absence of Saaj is noticeable. Nobody seemed to be co-ordinating the front of house, the service was slow, muddled and the atmosphere was stressed.
3. The attention to detail was missing. The need to get diners their food quickly but without forgoing quality of food is no longer there. We waited for ages for all our courses. There were no apologies, and nobody asked us if we had enjoyed our meal.
On top of all of this, we had to ask for the air conditioning to be switched on. The restaurant is cramped at the best of times, but some of us were starting to feel a bit ill. No kidding!
Despite all this, the food was pretty good, so I'm wondering if they have retained their excellent chef(s). However, I have always staked my reputation on the experience you (used to) enjoy at this restaurant. Sadly, many eyes were on me to explain the discrepancy, so we unfortunately won't be returning for a while, or until the problems are addressed. Sorry guys!

6 Thank general-lee25