“Service a big let down”

The Pheasantry Brewery
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have visited The Pheasantry many times since it opened but the last two or three times we have been we have been very disappointed with the service
We arrived on time for our per booked table to be told it wasn't ready, fair enough we sat at the bar and was given a menu to peruse.15 minuets later we were told our table was ready and told which one it was. (Not shown to it)A further 10 minutes passed before anyone came to take our order,with yet a further 25 minutes before our starters arrived. From. Finishing our starter to the Main course arriving another 20 minutes passed. We don't like to be rushed but this was took the biscuit Lunch turned out to be a very long drawn out process Such a shame as when they opened the young lady they employed was a great asset, organising staff, tables and customers alike but since she has left it's going down hill at a rapid rate of knots. Shame as we have recommended this place to many of our friends and acquaintances but will now be telling anyone who asks to avoid it.There are much better places to eat nearby that offer top quality food and service

There are newer reviews for The Pheasantry Brewery

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Pheasantry is a lovely barn conversion to brewery and restaurant, very tastefully done and in a lovely location.
This was my second visit, this time for Sunday lunch. Service started off very well, welcoming smiles etc and quick to take our orders for drinks and food. Nice menu however would have liked to have seen a few of the regular in week items on there as well such as their superb burgers to suit younger family members, instead we were restricted to the few items on the Sunday menu.
Food beautifully presented, however the samphire with my rather small sea bream fillet had been pan fried which made it very woody and difficult to chew - personally I think samphire should be steamed. The roast beef, was I am told lovely, slightly rare, and the chicken breast with stilton and asparagus was well received too.
Unfortunately service then became very slow and after quite some time I had to ask for the desert menu consequently our deserts were very slow to arrive and then didn't arrive together. Strawberries with chantilly cream and shortbread very disappointing, far too much vanilla and my shortbread was under cooked and far too thick, this overpowered the few strawberries I had. This is prime local strawberry season and I really feel this could have been better on several angles.
All in all a lovely place, nice menu but a bit overpriced for what we experienced on this occasion

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We visited The Pheasantry for a light lunch as well the opportunity to sample the Dragonfly and Best bitter. The menu offers a wide choice from salads to full meals. Our baguettes were all delicious, served on fresh crusty bread and garnished with a side salad and crisps. Our choices of hot beef, smoked salmon with lemon and dill mayonnaise and sausage and Stilton are all highly recommended. A delicious, but really unnecessary, side order of homemade fries completed the meal. Sadly we had no room to sample the desserts as the baguettes were very filling. As ever, we found the staff to be welcoming and efficient. It is wonderful to see that the hard work of the owners and staff is being recognised by increasing numbers of diners, as well as visitors to the brewery itself. This place really deserves to do well.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I ordered the fish and chips and from the details on the menu my thoughts of the dish was in high standards lovely food great front of house staff fantastic beers a 10/10 anyway!!

1  Thank Kettlerbutler
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Shame about the food as the brewery is in a nice setting. The restaurant is very pleasant but the food lets it down. We had crab for starter, it was nicely presented but a miniscule portion. The main meal was not much better. We left the premises feeling ripped off and still hungry. Would recommend to visit for a drink but not to eat as the food does not offer value for money. I cannot remember the last time I had to go home and eat after having a meal out!!