“Only eat here if you are desperate”

Little Chef Markham Moor North
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I used this restaurant as we stayed at the Travelodge and after a full day were too tired (or lazy) to look around.
First impression was that we were interrupting the staff in their conversations.
The restaurant was empty, but we were shown to a table next to what was obviously the last one to be occupied as it had not been cleared and sat down after having to brush the crumbs off the seats.
Our food duly arrived, but my wife did not get the dish she had ordered. This was taken away and a fresh one prepared, but I then had the choice of eating first or eating cold food.

We went back in for breakfast, and once more had to brush crumbs from our seats. This time it was my turn to get the wrong dish - I ordered an omelette with bacon, and got a pancake with mushrooms. I pointed this out to the waiter, but said I would keep it as I did not want to wait for another to be prepared, and he said he would take the bacon off the bill - they had to be reminded of this when I paid.

Overall, the restaurant was not particularly clean, tables were brushed off and sprayed, but had obviously not been properly wiped. The staff did not seem to be interested in offering a service, they were just there.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

we had breakfast on 2 mornings, and 1 late meal, on each visit the service was fast,the staff pleasent, the food good, and the place was clean, it was good value for money and provided a good selection, it also gives 10% discount if you stay at the travel lodge.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stopped at this restaurant on Saturday afternoon, 22nd JUne.. The waiting staff took several minutes to even look at us, then we were directed to a table that was being 'cleaned' by a sulky female who obviously resented doing it and took almost 5 minutes over the task, before turning her back on us without a word and walking away into the back area of the diner.. Even then she had left messy marks on the table. As we had been travelling on a very busy road for more than 2 hours we sat down anyway. The diner was fairly full, so allowances have to be made. However, looking around, it was surprising how many of the 'guests' were sitting at tables without food or drink. After about five more minutes, some drinks arrived at the table beside ours. We had not been in the restaurant when their order had been taken, even though we had ourselves been waiting ten minutes by then. We then sat for a further ten minutes without anyone asking us if we wished to order. Then we left having had no offer of service of any kind. The guy in charge appeared to be having the utmost difficulty with two female staff who seemed to be intent on disappearing from the dining area for unspecified purposes and certainly not displaying any sign of doing what they were expected to do.

I have never written a negative review before. My son works in a restaurant and daily faces rude and arrogant customers, so I sympathise with the difficulties that staff routinely have to face. However, we felt insulted by the attitude displayed on this occasion. We wil not go back.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Had the Olympic breakfast kept us going all day .The restaurant was clean service was quick and the staff were very friendly with good attitude . And lots of good parking .will call again Good OnYah!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Good food, reasonable coffee. Very clean. Recently refurbished (May 2013). The staff were attentive and the prices very reasonable for a service area.