“DEFINITELY GOING AGAIN”

Ranked #9 of 167 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: Italian, British
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: ll Rosso welcomes all types of customers, for coffee, breakfasts, a light lunch, drinks, afternoon teas and a full al a carte menu if desired. We also have an early bird menu too! We have a beautiful outdoor space at the front of the property and our terrace area which is perfect for parties, conferences and weddings. We have a fabulous brigade of staff both front and back of house, who really give 100% to make Il Rosso a stylish, comfortable and vibrant place to visit. Most of all we have wonderful customers who make us what we are.
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We called on the spur of the moment and were really impressed. The room was warm, the staff were welcoming and the two course early bird special was good value - well presented, nicely cooked, good choice. The restaurant was quite full for an early evening and the atmosphere was good. I'd certainly go again and would try the a la carte menu.

IL R, Public Relations Manager at Il Rosso, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Sometimes spur of the moment and impromtu are the best times! Glad this was so when you visited us.

We are open from 8.30 am until late into the night with a selection of menus to choose from. Start at the beginning and try them all .,.... I'm sure you will love them!

Happy times

There are newer reviews for Il Rosso

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went here with a group of friends for a Birthday Bash for a friend. The restaurant was good enough to put balloons on the table for us which was a nice touch. The atmosphere was great, bubbly and lively. The staff are very friendly and really helpful and the whole party had a great night.We all opted for the 2 courses. The first course (mushroom crostini) was excellent. The main course ( chicken) was good but we all felt it needed more vegetables on the dish and extra sauce to go with it as it left us all wanting more .... For our desert we had the cake which we had brought for our friend and the staff didn't mind that we did this All in All a Great night.

IL R, Public Relations Manager at Il Rosso, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you - we do go out of our way because we value our customers, old and new and really appreciate them enjoying themselves and coming back time and time again.

You mentioned our staff, I know I keep going on, but we do have brilliant staff. Because of them everything just seems to work. They thrive on compliments, as most people do.

So thank you again - do call in whenever you feel like it - we will be happy to see you

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have to comment after reading Brett D,s comment regarding his visit. I have been going to Rosso at least once a week for the last three years and have nothing but praise for the staff. I had my 40th birthday party there last summer arranged by one of the managers - Louise who did everything she could for me. I was actually there on Sunday and saw Brett b and his party. In my opinion the staff treated him very well considering his groups attitude and rudeness. Thank goodness he won't be returning !! Keep up the good work Rosso :)

Wonderful to read, and touched us greatly to think that our lovely customers will, when necessary go to lengths to make themselves heard.

We thank you very very much - so kind!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This bar/diner simply has it all. Pleasing décor, pleasant staff, a very good split between the bar and the dinning serving an excellent selection of beers including traditional guest beers, and fine larger, an excellent selection of wines if you ask. The food is fresh and cooked to order, this is not a microwave fast "pub grub" outlet , this is, real, fresh and good food, excellently prepared by very capable chefs. The food is delivered to the table within most acceptable time frames, one is not disappointed with what is presented. The staff are helpful and knowledgeable if one asks the questions. Once at your table there is no rush. The Sunday set menu has a long and established reputation that is clearly the very best for miles, coupled with the extra gravy, if you ask !! I have dined at this bar diner many times both with business clients from all over the country and socially. The visiting guest always make excellent comments. Look no further..., excellent fresh food, well presented, good staff, a pleasant place..for the quality you get it is very good value.

Wow! what a wonderful compliment - nothing more to say except THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH ! you have made our day!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I went here for my partners 21st! I booked a table for fifteen and they were very helpful! I took in a cake & trimmings and they set everything up for me! The food was lovely, no one had any complaints. The only thing for me was having to choose of one menu because we had a large party! But I would still highly recommend!

Happy that you enjoyed a happy 21st celebration with us - complete with all the trimmings. Very pleased we were able to make the occasion special and our staff, as always did us proud!

Our food, well what can I say! Fortunately, I HAVE to eat here often, its my job - O how I love my job! Thank you also for saying you will recommend - we look forward to seeing you very often and also your friends and family!

Happy Belated birthday wishes to your partner