“Ohhhhhh mmmyyy gooooodnesss AVOID”
Review of The Rufford

The Rufford
Ranked #125 of 167 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: Healthy, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

the choice is poor
the service is slow and lacking
the carvery it frozen vegtables and grissly meet
the other food is poorly reheated in a microwave
the place is full of travellers
the place is drafty and smells damp

There are newer reviews for The Rufford

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Whilst my wife was away up in Edinburgh, I was going to cook Sunday dinner for me and my 8 year old son who has autism..Having not been in the Rufford for about 6 months and reading some of the bad reviews, I was a bit wary. We ventured out on our walk in the snow across to the Rufford and got a seated table for 2 in front of the front window, so my son could watch all the cars at the traffic lights.
I went to the Bar and order the carvery for me and a childs carvery for my son and the lady on the tills was very quick and polite. We then went up to be served. The Chef was very polite to my son and let him take his time in what he wanted and even helped him choose his veg. The Carvery was excellent, my son had his favourite, Gammon and I had Beef and Gammon.
My son who can be a fussy eater had a empty plate and as a treat he had a tub of smartie ice cream. I forgot to look at the table number and the friendly manageress served me and she told me politely not to worry about the table number, she would go and fetch the ice cream. My son gave the waitress a hug as she fetched him a spoon. We had a lovely meal in a nice atmosphere and I can only go on our experiance and will return again very soon. The meal was value for money.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Food is typical pub grub but the atmosphere in the bar during football is great - beer is good and reasonably priced

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Went here as was shopping all day and thought would go here on our way home as just couldnt be botherd to cook. Well should of cooked it was all appalling the service & the food. Not that i eat them but sure i have seen better ready meals! I feel robbed not just by paying for this but having to be put through eatting it.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

First impressions- walked in there was no one there, the table has glasses on and was dirty. Ordered our meals, for starters we ordered nachos and breaded mushrooms, after waiting half an hour only one starter turned up, the nachos had been microwaved for that long that they had stuck to the bowl, the salad with the breaded mushrooms tasted like fairy liquid and the mushrooms where watery, the manager sent both starters back and received a fresh one, the nachos had a small inprovement the breaded mushrooms was very well done, i then ordered a latte and the saucer was dirty. Staff looked miserable although the manager was very helpful and only been there 5 days. On the plus side the mains and dessert was very nice.