“Nice Sunday carvery”

Robin Hood Pub
Ranked #32 of 168 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: British
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Visited for Sunday lunch, pretty busy but staff very friendly and helpful. Food nice, catered for vegetarian too, play area needs attention but for great for Sunday lunch

1  Thank Woodiesdjjaj
There are newer reviews for Robin Hood Pub

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Been here for the Sunday carvery a few times now, and I can honestly say it is the best I have had anywhere, and that includes high end hotels.
The meat is so tender you don't really need a knife, properly cooked veg, and the gravy is worh a visit itself. They should poot the gravy and sell it as a side line. £20 for 2 people and 2 drinks, bargain.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

perfect lunch before we checked into the sherwood pines cabin, food was nice, staff were friendly....typical pub grub and decent prices.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed at Centre Parcs for a weekend but thought the onsite resturants would be fully booked so we decided to drive 2 minutes up the road to the Robin Hood. We pre-booked, 3 hours prior to arrival and we were made to feel so welcome and the food was lovely. Needless to say we went back the next day for the Sunday Carvery. I would recommend this pub to anyone staying at centre parcs, sherwood forest.

1  Thank Shell1802
Reviewed September 4, 2012

When we walked in with 3 young children. I presume the landlady, made a wonderful effort to know their names and addressed them friendly.
The food was okay. About what's expected from a public house. The fish was disappointing, especially when told its home battered fish ... I'm married to a chef and can tell the difference. Maybe they'd ran out??!!
We was going to get desserts, but after our table was bypassed several times and the two servers were stood talking at the bar, we resigned ourselves to go home and have ice cream in our pjs!!
I can't say I wouldn't return, but would hope they work on their service a lot more.